1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grantland - Zach Lowe's All-Stars

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jordnnnn, Jan 21, 2014.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

http://grantland.com/features/our-nba-all-star-team/

What do you guys think? I like the Parsons acknowledgement, he's been playing great.

Also he mentions the reason he has some guys from the West on his East WC spots is because the West is that good and the East is that bad.

2. kakaman

kakaman Member

Parsons has been awesome, just his durability is a concern.

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Lance should be in over affalo

4. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

man its crazy to think that lowry is actually deserving of starting in the all star game in the east...

happy for him

5. jocar

jocar Member

That looks like one fun frontcourt matchup, but Harden/Curry/Parker/Lillard will take the east bc's lunch money

6. Normalus

Normalus Member

TJones&DMo for BBVA rising stars? When Chuck&Shaq will draft?

7. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Except the West's backcourt wouldn't be able to guard a brick wall between them. But then, it's an All-Star game, so that's probably irrelevant anyway.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

T-Jones should be a no-brainer, but hard to see D-Mo getting in when he's just now getting PT.

I think there is 12 roster spots. I would say these are the players deserving-

Sophomore Starters-

-G- Lillard
    -G- Beal
    -FC- Barnes
    -FC-A Davis
    -FC- Drummond

Reserves-

-Jones
    -Sullinger
    -Lamb
    -Plumlee

Bubble guys- 3 out of 6
    -MKG
    -Waiters
    -Henson
    -Ross
    -Wroten
    -Nicholson

-Hopefully they can get Davis, Jones, and MKG on the court together at some point to reunite the Kentucky championship crew.

9. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

What about Pat Bev? He is considered a Soph right?

10. dobro1229

Man... forgot about our own dude. Shame on me. Yeah, I guess I just think of him as being a veteran player because of the way he plays, but yes he definitely deserves to be on that team more than the bubble players (Wroten, Waiters, Henson, etc)

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Interesting. I could've sworn Lowe was saying last week that Harden didn't deserve to be an all-star this year.

12. FeaR

FeaR Member

yeah, he said that he is a deservedly candidate but ... I was expecting to put Lillard there .

13. dobro1229

He just tweeted something along the lines of "it shouldn't be a given that Harden is a for sure all-star" and then pointed to his defense as a reason to question whether or not he deserves it or not.

I dont think Lowe seriously thinks that Harden isn't an all-star though.

14. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

I take Duncan over Cousins. And maybe Howard to start over Love. Other than that, i pretty much agree.
    And yes, Lowry is having a heck of a season currently.

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Man some of us Rockets fans, myself included, were so upset when we traded Lowry away. It's not that we were wrong--he is this good of a player. But man it sure did pan out! In Morey we trust.

I suppose the one move you can criticize tho is his decision not to give Dragic that fourth year option. Dude has almost the same PER as Harden this year. Geez-sh. Imagine him being on this team now because it could easily have happened.

16. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I'm not certain if Chris Paul is out? I assume Kobe is. They probably both get voted in but both would have replacements.

If CP3 is out

PG Curry/Lillard
    SG Harden
    SF Durant/Parsons
    PF Aldridge/Love/Griffin/A Davis
    C Howard/Cousins/Jordan

17. AFS

AFS Member

All-star team doesn't assign positions like that. It only differentiates between "guard" and "forward" positions, which is why Deandre Jordan wouldn't even be in the conversation.

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

I would say that's still quite stupid. I only hope he tweeted it for its effect due to general dislike for Harden and the Rockets from his audience.

19. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

No way. Just because he's in a better team doesn't mean he should be over a more deserving player.

20. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

You're kidding right? Cousins is playing out of his mind. Duncan's numbers are very underwhelming this season.