1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] Zach Lowe: Look Before You Leap

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by saintja2, Dec 4, 2013.

1. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/10070788/the-young-nba-players-looking-make-leap-greatness

Pretty good article from Lowe.

I found this funny since it sounds so familiar, guess the player?:

2. basketballholic

I've been waiting to see when others would decide that the Kanter/Favors combo is NOT going to work ........ EVER!!!!

I am actually wondering of BOTH GUYS are busts. I know they gave Favors the nice extension. But it wasn't a max extension....because, frankly, he just ain't that good. Kanter has looked very good in spurts OFFENSIVELY in the low block and on the offensive glass but very, very bad DEFENSIVELY at everything. And it's painfully obvious that the two of them cannot play together effectively because the strength of both their games is down low (although Kanter does have shooting/passing potential up high). On top of all that Kanter has the bad wheel that you never know when it is going to blow.

Utah has now drafted Rudy Gobert to develop. They've given Favors his extension. I suspect Kanter is on the trade block.

3. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

Favors is still riding on his "really young and physically the closest thing to Dwight Howard since Dwight Howard" status but I agree, some day he's going to have start producing. He doesn't seem to have a motor, since he often is completely invisible on the court.

I'm not sure if Utah has been exactly the right team for his development, though. Millsap, Jefferson, Kanter, Favors and for a while they didn't seem to know what to do with them.

It would help if the Jazz had a point guard, though. Trey Burke looks promising so let's see.

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

Shumpert to the Rockets for a pick makes too much sense to happen.

6. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Doesn't make sense at all. Shumpert hasn't been the same since his injury and Morey is proven at striking Gold in the 2nd round and/or close to end round draft-wise (Ex: Brooks/Parsons)