1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] The Patrick Beverley Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thesonofsam, Mar 11, 2014.

1. yaoistall

yaoistall Member

Articles like this are a by-product of being relevant. If Red Bull was on the Jazz, this article doesn't get written. Keep the good times a rollin'!

2. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

To bad the Chicago Bulls are red so I say their suggestion is a no go

3. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

They'll gain a better understanding of Beverley and his highly annoying, non-dirty defense after the Rockets' long playoff run this season.

4. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

5. BonziWellsGOAT

Agreed. Even out side of the blatant Andrew Sharp the rest of them are not so subtley bashing / patronizing Bev to a disgusting degree.

It's spreading propoganda is all.

6. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Tells you how soft the league has gotten that guys who play relentless, pestering defense are automatically shoved into the "dirty player" category. I wouldn't be surprised if an opposing player in the playoffs "makes a statement" on his home court by committing an actual dirty play against Beverly like what Derek Fisher did to Scola.

7. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

All the information and videos from Clutchfans. I bet they don't take note of the radio interview yesterday if it wasn't posted here.

Definitely an inaccurate summary of Patrick. I hate that I clicked that.

8. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Hyperbolic hatchet job

9. BonziWellsGOAT

Let's ask Mr. Simmons about his beloved Avery Bradley.....I'm sure he changes his tune

10. Nook

Nook Member

This.

Beverley plays very hard and is an agressive in your face kind of player, but he does not take guys legs out, he does not commit flagarant fouls and he does not try to hurt anyone.

What he does have is a real competitive desire, he plays defense at all times and he has good instincts.

11. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

ya, i thoroughly expect him to foul out of the thunder game tonite. smh

12. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I agree, they are way off base with that. He has never taken a guys legs out or done something dirty to hurt a guy. He just plays chest to chest the full 94 for the whole game. Most other PGs dont want to do that for fear of getting blown by, but not Pat Bev. He has speed to burn. He is just a damn pest!!!

13. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

what the ****, is this article really from grantland?

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Terrible article. Worst I've ever seen on Grantland.

15. smr6

smr6 Member

Didn't Steph Curry just say all of that about Beverley just a couple weeks ago?

Of course this was coming from the section by Andrew Sharpe.

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

It was a great article. You have to remember how tongue in cheek Grantland authors can be. They are witty writers for the most part, and paid Beverly a huge compliment. The best NBA analysis occurs over at Grantland, and they featured Beverly front and center.

1 person likes this.
  17. Illegal Machine

FYI, I talked with Mario Elie briefly at the Open Court event and asked him about people calling Beverley the "Junkyard Dog". He wasn't very happy about it.

18. BonziWellsGOAT

Terrible article.....if you think otherwise Bev is gonna come impose his will on you.....................

19. yummyhawtsauce

rofl funny article, but i think some things paint him in a negative light...which i don't really like. bev does the dirty work - but that's just him being tough not actually 'dirty' the article at some points make him seem like a thug. which he is not.

20. TheGoldenGreek

Exactly! If you find this article negative, you probably don't read very much Grantland. Contrary to what most people seem to think here, I don't think they are personally attacking Beverley as much as praising his old-school style. Every championship team needs a guy like this who doesn't give a ****e about what anyone thinks of him and just plays tough. Red Bull is better than any Beverley nickname I've read suggested on here.