1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] Searching for Josh Smith

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jordnnnn, Apr 8, 2015.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/n...illiams-trey-burke-nerlens-noel-dion-waiters/

Stupid Moreyball amirite?

2. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Making 200 3's every day at practice will make you a better shooter

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Killed him when he sucked, kill him when he's great, HATERS!!!

EMBRACE THE HATE!!!

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Triangle is cornering the markets on backhanded complements on our players.

1 person likes this.
  5. dje243

dje243 Member

No doubt haha

6. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I don't see this as a backhanded compliment, at all. If anything, it shows how effective Houston's offensive scheme can be. Saying that Houston "ruined" Josh Smith just goes along with everything else in the piece as he is looking at terrible volume shooters. It's no secret that Josh Smith has been an eyesore these last few seasons, but hopefully his continued progress keep happening here.

7. ipaman

Grantland (and others) are so passive aggressive towards the Rockets. It's all because of Morey and Dwight. I'm not passive aggressive, I'm active aggressive so with that said, FACK YOU GRANTLAND!!!, You were never any good!!!

2 people like this.
  8. MystikArkitect

I've decided to take a shot every time I read a Rockets piece that doesn't somehow mention the Warriors.

Haven't had a drink since January.

1 person likes this.
  9. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

This one is more tongue in cheek and complimentary of the Rockets. Not like that Harden article from yesterday.

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I still think the writers of these "positive" articles are chomping at the bit to bury the Rockets if they lose in the playoffs. The Rockets could go to the NBA Finals and lose on a last second shot in the seventh game and there will be loads of articles saying "why the Rockets were doomed to fail" and garbage like that.

11. gah

gah Member

Paranoia is creeping in on some of you. Relax.

12. Paaratohre

Paaratohre Member

Some of you guys really need your irony-detector checked out. Goldsberrys comments on Josh Smith are clearly ironic and his "insults" are a compliment for the job the Rockets are doing with Smith. There's no reason at all to be offended here.

If you want to hate on Grantland, hate on Andrew Sharp, whose Harden MVP-article from yesterday is full of Rockets insults. Despite his position that Harden should be the MVP, he still beats the old "Harden is a flopping freethrow shooter whose game is horrible to watch" to death, even though there are so many amazing Harden highlights from this season that you could fill a feature length film with them.

13. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

On all josh smith jumpers I still find myself yelling NO NO NO. ok well done when they go in. But I really love what he has done for us

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm offended that people are offended by this.

15. ipaman

Backhanded of course. Why is it so hard for them and others to compliment and congratulate Morey and the Rockets for a job well done in a traditional and polite manner?

16. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Goldsberry is competent and knows what he's talking about. This article is bringing to light a situation in which he's succeeding, unlike the Sharp article yesterday. That prick.

17. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

U guys r too sensible!
    The writers r offering articles to earn money, who don't love money?

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Josh Smith shoots over 40% on 3's assisted by the bearded one, Houston didn't fix Josh, James did, he still sucks without that James guy. Because James' preferred attack spot is the left wing (to give him a wider range of left handed activity), it makes the right wing and left corner the "I catch the balls james passes" spots.

#18 Aleron, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

With Motie out, we gonna need a big bad J Smoove at his best the rest of the way now!

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

James Harden turns Josh Smith into a great 3 point shooter. That alone should make him MVP.

2 people like this.