1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grantland podcast discusses the Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tehG l i d e, Aug 14, 2013.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Just finished listening. Aren't AFC West a worse division? And did the critics ever knock the Colts as much as the Texans when they were playing in such a bad division years back? I sorta agree with them regarding the stale offense and Kubiak though.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

that was surprisingly uninformative

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Yeah nothing new. Delete.

5. conquistador#11

by the maths alone not every division in the conference is going to have 2 playoff teams.
    ohhh my how scary are the bills, jets and dolphins to the patriots.
    or Raiders, chiefs and chargers to the broncs.

the north and our division were the most competitive in the afc, that's if you consider the steelers 8-8 competitive.

6. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Kubiack will get his balls back this year and unleash the offensive explosive playbook. He will still turn his back when the field goal kicker goes on to the field.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

FIFY. The national book on the Texans has already been written. Something about our window having closed and Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak not being able to win the whole thing. And that the general racist-ness of our state is going to acquit Johnny Manziel and hold us back in the global economy.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Aside from the Kubiak misspelling, I tend to agree with this.

I think there's nothing to lose this year, and Kubiak realizes it. That, plus the emergence of Posey at the end of last year, the new acquisition of Hopkins, and the new (this year) rise of Garrett Graham will allow Kubiak to get back to the offense of old where the passing game and the running game build off each other equally. This offense is at it's best when it can come out, sling the ball around a bit, and then catch the defense reeling with Foster.

In my opinion, Kubiak will keep us playoff-worthy while fine tuning the offense to get back to such a state for a deep playoff run.

9. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Bingo; I agree. The Texans have routinely fallen short of expectations - for two years, they looked like the next "it" team in the NFL, only to win a combined 15 games ('09 and '10) and not make the playoffs. Their best season was derailed by a major injury, and then when it looked like they had finally answered the bell in '12, the wheels blew of embarrassingly.

IOW, I think people are a little sick and tired of the Texans and more prone to denigrate them as a result.

10. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

The division was actually fairly salty for most of Manning's tenure. At least two teams won 10+ games every year between 2002 and 2008, expect for '04 and '06. (And in '07, three teams did, and all 4 teams were at least .500). It was a pretty bad division his last two years ('09 and '10).

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Salty Texans fans trash every other team in the AFC South yet when outsiders do it they get offended. This is the SEC.