1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] Jeremy Lin on the Rockets Part I: Running the Pick-and-Roll

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zman2002, Aug 14, 2012.

1. zman2002

zman2002 Member

Jeremy Lin on the Rockets Part I: Running the Pick-and-Roll
    By Sebastian Pruiti on August 14, 2012 12:40 PM ET

Lock it if posted (Seems I had a habit of doing this :))

For those tired of Lin-this and Lin-that, here is more :grin:

Anyways, an interesting analysis and comparison of PNR plays of Lowry and Lin. It's better to follow the link as there are some comparison charts.

1 person likes this.
  2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

If anything, this article just shows how underrated Kyle Lowry is on this board. One short-term injury and now he's out of the discussion for one of the best PG's in the league? In my book, he's still a borderline All-Star player.

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

Lowry will do really well in Toronto. Maybe he will have a greater shot at making the All Star Games next year in a different conference.

4. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Yep, Lowry will definitely pass up the likes of D-Will, Rondo, Irving.

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

The All Star games are a popularity contest. They have nothing to do with actual talent. People in Toronto have not been excited about the Raptors in a long time. If he plays well people will vote for him. Just depends on how many people.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

lol, yeah no, people in TO alone would not vote him in or get him in because the rest of the NBA still don't give a shet about the raps

7. PeppermintCandy

Good article. Looking forward to Part 2.

It would've been interesting to see how Dragic compared to Lin, as well. Maybe I'm wrong but I saw a lot of similarity in Lin's and Dragic's games.

And given their similar style of play, will whatever frustrated Lowry about McHale's coaching frustrate Lin too?

Lin had Chandler and Stoudemire, both very experienced at the pick and roll game. I wonder how it will be with Asik, Patterson and our rookies.

8. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

So you are saying that Lowry is better the D-Will and Rondo....but the only reason he won't be in ahead of them is because of popularity?

Wow.

9. RockSC

RockSC Member

Wait, does Jose Caldreon still play for TO? Is Lowry starting over him?

10. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

That, is a wise statement, Miss.

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

Wow. I don't know if you are being deliberately obtuse or you are completely misunderstanding my post. I said the All Star Games have nothing to do with talent. They are a popularity contest. I never said Lowry was better than Deron or Rondo so where you got that from I have no idea.

12. caneks

caneks Rookie

Yep, that is one of the major issues with Morey.
    No trust and patience, no superstar.

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

I think Jose does still play for Toronto. I imagine Lowry will be the starter.

14. redlawn

redlawn Member

I'm pretty sure Lowry will start. They've been unhappy with Calderon for a while now.

15. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

lol, that's almost the exact opposite of what he said.

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

Exactly.

17. mgpwr

mgpwr Member

Lowry is the likely starter based on what BC said in Kyle's press conference.

"We feel we've added a solid starting-calibre point guard to our team who will bring toughness, grit and playmaking at a very important position," Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo said during a conference call. "At (26 years old) I would say Kyle represents what I would characterize as the future of the position."

However, in part 6 of the press conference, BC did also say that there was going to be competition at the PG position and that "the cream rises to the top", suggesting that it is Kyle's job to lose.

I have heard that Jose is open to a trade though. Think he's still an effective PG and can still be a starter somewhere. He dishes out a lot of assists and is a good scorer but doesn't shoot it much.

18. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

They don't like the taste of his paella up in Canada.

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Why wouldn't he? He's better. And if you are giving up a garunteed lottery pick, then you better hope the guy is better than Jose Calderon. No disrespect to Jose.

20. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

Lin is just a noob compared to Lowry.

People keep analysing what he did last season, but he should be better and more experienced this coming season