1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] Jalen Rose on D12/Dream Workouts, etc.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KlutchQT, Aug 15, 2013.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Nothing earth-shattering... just a few off-season crumbs. ;) Also talk right after about likely seeding in the West, including brief Lin chat and some speculation about how Denver will probably be a top 4 seed over the Rockets. LOL.

Starts at 18:04.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CynQH77xVPM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen thinks Denver is better than the Rockets on that podcast

3. recboil

recboil Member

got a picture with Jalen when i ran into him at Cedar Point 2 weeks ago. cool dude

4. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Denver in top 4 over Houston? When their front office got blown up, their CoTY was fired, and the roster got worse than last year? I like Jalen Rose in Grantland but I think he might be senile.

Golden State Warriors might probably make the top 4 by replacing the Spurs or the Rockets, maybe a 40/60 chance.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Jalen apparently isn't aware that Gallinari will not be available for the first few months in the season.

The Nuggets are not gonna be nearly as good while missing Iguodala, Gallinari and even Corey Brewer. I also think that the departure of Koufos (and his funny balding dome) is a bigger loss than one may think. I don't know whether JaVale is ready to be relied upon full time yet.

Also, Jalen is wrong that Brian Shaw was the first Phil Jackson assistant to be a head coach. Jim Cleamons became a head coach back in the 90s. Kurt Rambis became a head coach for the Wolves after working for Phil. Frank Hamblem took over for Rudy T with the Lakers also.

#5 Carl Herrera, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  6. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

They are a low playoff seed, but I don't see them being higher than that. They have a very young roster whose going to have an extra year of development, but they lost their best player and COTY.

7. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

I can't even disagree. He always speaks mostly truth in these podcasts so I can't denounce that.

8. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

I don't like Jalen Rose as the main-piece of a halftime show, but I enjoy him sitting in his basement with his bat in his hand BS'ing about different sports topics. Umm.. (no homo).

Also, thanks for sharing KlutchQT.

9. hizzobbes

hizzobbes Member

I'm with you man... I absolutely loathe him on TV but the podcast he did when Howard picked Houston and he spoke Houston being a great place to "get it in"... That was pretty awesome, lol.

10. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Rockets top 3 in the west with thunder and spurs.

11. photojoe

photojoe Member

The Nuggets better than the Rockets this year?

And then he was listing the reasons why....'they got Ty Lawson and Nate Robinson to push the ball. They got Kenneth Faried. The Manimal. They got JaVale McGee.'

Seriously? He is including JaVale McGee as a reason why he thinks they could be better than us next year???

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

yeah Jalen has just screwed the pooch on this one.

13. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

People did say we were going to miss the playoffs last year. Rockets will just make these people look stupid again

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Did he have a bat?

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I can't believe these guys have such a hard time saying Russell Westbrook is coming off of a serious injury late in the season and that they may be missing some of the firepower they once had. At least for now.

LA Clippers
    Houston
    Memphis
    San Antonio
    OKC
    Golden State
    Denver
    Minnesota

(Place your bets in Vegas. This will be the order. Not IMHO, fact.)

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

pretty sure thats ilegal in public, like that Kony guy.

17. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

No way at all OKC finishes below Memphis

18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I can't watch this video on my phone, so I have to use my imagination to see what he's saying:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

I can't even make the standings in the West since there are so many variables. This is tough. Rockets could finish 1st or finish 6th and it wouldn't really surprise me either way.

20. recboil

recboil Member

no but he had his daughter on his shoulders.