1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] Jalen & Jacoby pick Harden over Curry as MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Jan 23, 2015.

1. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I wish they would be more clear with the definition of "valuable". Is it the best player on the best team, is it the best overall player in the league, or what it sounds like? You take Harden off the Rockets and we're a mid-lottery team. You take Curry off the Warriors and they're probably still a playoff team. In that sense, Harden is definitely more valuable.

2. SemisolidSnake

By the literal definition of the term "most valuable player," it's not even close. There cannot be a player more valuable to his team so far than James Harden. Curry has plenty of help.

I just think these leagues should just have two awards: Best Player (or whatever you want to call it) and Most Valuable Player. In terms of Best Player, Harden's still a very strong contender, but so is Curry and a few others. It's dumb to debate what the words on the award even mean; just make it two awards with specific definitions, so we can spend all our time at least knowing what we're b****ing and moaning about on the internet. :)

3. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

At least it's better than MVP in the NFL, where they really mean MVQ.

4. kchin

kchin Member

I want another shot at the Warriors. It doesn't sit well with me that they got the last word this season. They were laughing at us this past game.

5. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Right, So, I wasn't really disputing that view point. I was more upset that it was a backhanded compliment. Instead of just saying you think Harden is having a better year, they felt they had to dog out the Rockets team to justify the selection.

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Doesn't make it untrue.

They need to justify their choice of Harden since on the surface level, Curry seems to be it since his team is #1. Jalen and Jacoby know Harden is performing better since he's actually carrying the inferior team, with both the eye test and the stats across the board the prove it.

7. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Harden MVP!

Some yall dont seem like rocket fans.

Harden carries this team, he gets more attention from the defense bc theres no other offensive threat like Thompson for Curry.

8. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Jalen really thinks he was a better player than he actually was.

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Jacoby thinks he is cool

10. baubo

baubo Member

Indeed. Regular season MVP is just bulletin board material.

[​IMG]