1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] Bill Simmons & Zach Lowe Rate the Rockets the 10th Best Watchable Team in the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Obito, Oct 19, 2013.

1. VBG

VBG Member

Not really. He was the player I hated the most in the NBA in 2010-11. Just constant flopping and head whiplash. So frustrating to watch.

But I root for him because he's a Rocket and he's damn effective at basketball. I've grown to enjoy his game more but in terms of watchability he's low for a supertar.

2. pippsux

pippsux Member

I dunno what they are smoking but no homer, this is one of the top 5 most watchable teams this upcoming season. Media is just showing its blatant bias. Who knew everybody in the media is a Lakers fan.

3. amak316

amak316 Member

I agree that free throws suck to watch but I think 10 is way too low for this team. I'm not from Houston and wasn't a Rockets fan until after the Harden trade, yet to me they are by far #1 most interesting to watch. I think they are underrating how interesting Howard can be when matched with two great playmakers.

I also think the "Linsanity" stretch in New York was the most compelling thing to watch in the NBA since MJ graced the screen. I think the potential of a stretch like that alone is worth higher than the 10 spot just in case he catches fire like that again.

Also the storyline of Parsons potentially becoming an all-star caliber player is extremely compelling to me.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You must not have noticed how far down the list they had the Lakers.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I realized it was LP rankings. I just don't get how anyone would want to watch the Pistons and Wolves over the Rockets. I can see the Cavs maybe 'cause of Irving.

6. VeloCity

VeloCity Member

They've got a point about the bad announcing crew. It's not just the 3 guys - the whole CSN coverage is poor except Calvin Murphy (But Calvin's commentary is usually not shown on LeaguePass)
    If Simmons/Lowe would use the mute button, I bet the Rox could easily move up right behind the Nets at #6.