1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grading Jalen Green SL performance

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Aug 13, 2021.

?

Grade his performance.

1. A

72.2%
  2. B

24.9%
  3. C

1.4%
  4. D

0.4%
  5. F

1.1%
  1. Rokman

Rokman Member

He proved everything he was advertised to be.

A.

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

The 8 total ppl who voted C,D,and F lol. Sad

ak99999 and saleem like this.
  3. amaru

amaru Member

If he can be anything like McGrady or *gasp* Kobe, the Rockets would be extremely fortunate.

i3artow i3aller and csnerd84 like this.
  4. bmd

bmd Member

He was around 60% TS% in the G-League too. He’s going to be an efficient player in the league.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

One thing he needs to do to maintain an elite efficiency is gain muscle mass so he can draw even more fouls by absorbing more contact. It'll allow him to drive by defenders better and finish through contact more often also. I'm sure he will. He seems like a gym rat and I'm sure the twinning staff is telling him he needs to add mass also and he'll listen.

If the Rockets haven't provided him a full time nutritionist and training staff they are failing him. He needs to know what food provide the most good protein and he needs to know how much rest he needs because he seems to overtrain which can lead to injury and less efficient muscle mass growth. Hopefully by now he has someone providing him with a meal plan and cook so he gets the proper amount of calories and macro ratios. Sleep also is so important. He better be getting 8+ hours of consistent sleep a night.

There is some rookie out there that is following a meticulous diet and lifestyle to get ahead. That's how the greats get ahead.

#145 fchowd0311, Aug 15, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Maybe a better assessment of the situation is "Did Green reach expectations" .... The obvious answer to that is yes.

Everything we've heard about him & seen in countless video's is that he's an ultra athletic scorer. He showed that in spades during those two and a half games. He's at the head of the class in that aspect.

Expectations Met - as a shooter.

But we all know that's not all there is to this game of basketball .... and in some other area's , its painfully obvious he has work to do.

@ApacheWarrior said something the other day to the effect of Harden spoiling us .... I don't think that's the case , I think what Harden did was redefine the standard for a lead guard. The Rockets are trying to mold KPj in that direction ....

With many people are calling Green a "franchise cornerstone" I think the (My) expectations are higher than simply a shooter / scorer with that label.

Defensively he was decent , not bad , not great. I cannot give him more than a C+ there.

You look at the times teams trapped and double teamed him out high .... several of those situations led directly to fast break buckets by the opposition....

You look at how he fared in the most basic play in basketball - the pick and roll , it was sub par. He has to be able to be effective in that role or it's damn hard to put the ball in his hands & he becomes an off the ball player / shooter. (I hardly find that type of player a franchise cornerstone).

In both these situations (traps / doubles & pick and roll) I personally can't see giving him a "passing" mark much less an A+++.

My "complaints" are fairly specific and he has the rest of his career to work on them to become that complete player .... I expect we'll see a better JG by the start of the season.

His book isn't written and the grade he gets now , before he's taken a shot in an NBA game is an Incomplete ....

7. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

8. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think he was an “A”. I think KPJ is the future leader of this team. Green proved he can make contested threes, threes off the ball and can find lots of space off the ball. That is what we need from him. KPJ is Harden light to Green’s Ray Allen. I was not on the Green team, but think he will be an awesome shooting guard.