1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grade the deadline performance

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 20, 2014.

Tags:
?

Grade the performance

1. A

43 vote(s)
    14.1%
  2. B

113 vote(s)
    37.2%
  3. C

84 vote(s)
    27.6%
  4. D

26 vote(s)
    8.6%
  5. F

38 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Laughable. Brooks wouldn't even be getting minutes down the stretch barring injury, so the comparison is irrelevant. It's not like we'd trade Lin unless we were getting a better point guard back.

2. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Lin's hit more clutch shots than he's missed. The real reason you want him gone is simple. You just don't like him.

1 person likes this.
  3. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Agree on Asik. Nobody knew Howard would leave LA and choose here. Asik was VERY valuable last year. So no argument there. But saying Jeremy Lin has lived up to his contract is just ridiculous. He was flat out bad last year, and has been WILDLY inconsistent this year. Had he not lost his starting job, you'd might have a argument. Saying he has "postive trade value" after it's become evident NO NBA TEAM wanted him for that price, makes that comment even more ridiculous

4. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

a C.

i wish aaron could've been a part of something special, but hopefully hamilton proves me wrong and actually contribute.

i'm so glad we didn't lose anyone significant.

5. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

(Currently laughing at that untrue statement). Lin's a great teammate, no gripes there. But he's a turnover machine and disappears when ball pressure is applied. It's the same criticism he had in NY. I notice he usually gets his points off in the first 2 quarters, but when the game tightens up and slows down, he becomes a deer in headlights.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Whatever the grade may be, i am glad that is over with.

7. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

I think we could easily trade Lin to a team in exchange for a 2nd round pick. Just because he hasn't been traded yet does not disprove that. While Morey has been actively shopping him, I don't recall hearing what his asking price was. I'm willing to bet it was significantly higher than a 2nd round pick though. Classic Morey, overvaluing his assets.

8. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

A,

We are on a 7 game win streak at 37-17. And we are also in our first year with the roster. If you don't see talent and potential, then you haven't watched much basketball in your life. Morey essentially traded a non-piece that doesn't play for a piece to back up someone who has been playing for extended minutes for far too many games. As we saw when Harden goes out, we still have Lin to fill in the position. but when Parsons goes out, nobody can fill him in. Now we have the potential to fill Parson's role if he gets hurt.

9. Zergling

Zergling Member

Rockets are still in great position to acquire Kevin Love in the offseason - A

10. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

If you think Lin's the only person making TOs, then you haven't actually been watching games. It's an issue general to the entire team. The starters made three TOs in the first 5 minutes of yesterday's game. Lin could dramatically cut his TOs by not making plays (like Bev), but then you'd complain that he wasn't scoring or facilitating enough. Same thing is true about physical play and protecting the ball. This team struggles as a group, and they've even said as much. Given that Lin seems to play pretty much everything else except what he was meant to play (i.e., PG), the guy does pretty well.

Obviously for you though, it was less about who Morey signed, and more about getting rid of Lin and Asik.

11. AXG

AXG Member

I like the trade. It's a low-risk, high-reward type move, and it provides insurance in case we can't re-sign Parsons.

12. NotChandlerParsons

I know we all want fireworks, but sometimes not doing anything is the correct decision.

The Hamilton trade was no big deal, just trading a guy who wasn't getting playing time (don't get me wrong I love Brooks) for a prospect at a position of need. I'm fine with it.

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

C...

nothing especially good - nothing especially bad....

filled a need on a limited level, for a surplus piece...

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

B- or C+

Brooks wasn't going to get the time he deserves and are back wings are weak so Hamilton is a nice pickuo. We didn't trade Asik or Lin for peanuts, which is great, im glad we Asik will service the backup C role.

15. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I'm not sure how you can even grade something like this. I do think the trade helped us because we had an oversupply of PG's and a shortage of SG/SF's. Brewer is pretty useless, and Francisco is injured a lot, so I think we strengthened a weak area on our team. It's a minor trade, but many times you don't know what you have until later. Francisco helped us in the playoffs last year, and I don't think anyone expected him to even get any minutes. So, maybe Hamilton will turn out to be a pleasant surprise and we can give Morey a high grade.

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think we could have gotten Hawes and Thadeus Young for Asik and a couple of second round picks. We should have done something like that if it were an option.

17. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

We should get something for Asik, anything. A bad of chips is better than a contract sitting in suit.

18. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

B - sad to see Brooks go, but we do actually get more height and an athletic forward in place of a 3rd string piece, which just makes more usable sense. Just not sure how much impact Hamilton can bring to the bottom line game score.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Incomplete. It's too early to say if Hamilton will fit in well or quickly. I hope he will be able to be a decent rotation player for us.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Dude you are a crazy Lin fanatic and make some of the most biased posts I have ever seen.

That being said, Murray did good, needed to fill the void of Garcaspii