1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gov. Rick hears from TX Dem Congressmen

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Jan 20, 2007.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

Via TPM...

Texans allowed Delay and Perry to use the state and their offices to egregiously push their political agenda beyond all accepted norms. Now, the chickens are coming home to roost.

Good to see the Dems trying to initiate something though. The idea that a Governor of any state has never met with the Congressmen in the opposite party is, well... words fail. I have never heard of that happening. Ever. (Though I suspect a lot of it had to do with Delay.) When I worked on the Hill, all the congressmen from Texas met each week and met with the Gov. routinely to address TX issues. Same with CA, FL, NY, etc. It really is gross negligence that will now cost the state.

2. weslinder

weslinder Member

Title should read:

"Congressman Solomon Ortiz Takes Hold of Rick Perry's Puppet Strings, Most Recently Held by Tom Delay"

3. mc mark

mc mark Member

I heard Perry’s inauguration party was fun.

4. Major

Major Member

Especially this part:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/18/texas.nugent.ap/index.html

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- Hours after Gov. Rick Perry kicked off his second full term in office, Ted Nugent helped him celebrate at a black-tie gala, but not all attendees were pleased by the rocker's performance.

Using machine guns as props, Nugent, 58, appeared onstage as the final act of the inaugural ball wearing a cutoff T-shirt emblazoned with the Confederate flag and shouting offensive remarks about non-English speakers, according to people who were in attendance.

5. mc mark

mc mark Member

D & Deckard has got to have a story.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So far, not more than what you've read here. The inaugural was during the ice storm. $2,000,000 in corporate money (from lobbyists) funded this "festival for Texas" (yada, yada, yada), and there was a decidedly lower turnout than usual. Ted made an ass of himself... no surprise there. Everyone has a lot more interest in who Craddick is giving committee chairmanships to. There was a serious challenge to his speakership, and Craddick is quite capable, in his small minded way, of being as nasty getting payback as DeLay ever was. Still waiting on that shoe to drop. If I hear any juicy gossip, I'll pass it on. :)

D&D. Wipe Your Shoes.