1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gov. Greg Abbott announces he will push to pardon Daniel Perry who was convicted of murder

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Apr 8, 2023.

1. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

giphy-2794195011.gif

2. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

So let's just make it a new law that when leftists become angry they have the legal right to shut down highways and thoroughfares and interrogate stopped drivers at gunpoint, as the deceased in Austin did? Sound good?

3. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

As long as it's a leftist cause leftists can shut down traffic and community events and interrogate citizens at gunpoint. This needs to be the law. Also, leftists are free to burn down people's businesses and homes as a form of protest. Anyone who disagrees is a far-right nutcase and a Nazi.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@K9Texan
    @jo mama
    @Salvy

I’m fairly certain if angry woke white protestor blocked P Diddy that he would be shot
    This is a universal lesson of do unto others as you would have done unto you

If you are driving , you don’t want to be stopped for some else’s cause and you definitely don’t want them to touch your ride

It’s not your car

Salvy likes this.
  5. Salvy

Salvy Member

If Slim Thug is driving with them elbows sticking out and an armed woke liberal is surrounding his whip protesting BLM he going to get shot.....

tinman likes this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

@K9Texan
    @jo mama
    @CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

let’s not forget these woke idiots who protested ON THE HiGHWAY

George Floyd didn’t die because of stupidity but these white people did

even deer or stray dogs aren’t this dumb

darwin

highways are for cars

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Imagine to willingly go out of your way and protest in the middle of a highway because of a drug overdose... The dude driving the white car was black, the lady killed was white.... A white woke liberal protesting that black lives matter sent a black man to prison and she died in the process.... Can't make this $hit up....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. tinman

Supporting Member

The only crime he did was speeding

Salvy likes this.
  9. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

youre lying about what happened the night of the shooting.

astros123 likes this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess it's justified to shoot armed men approaching you if you feel threatened in Texas. I guess those Proud Boys and militia types walking up to confront people in public can legally be shot in Texas now, even if they don't point their AK-47 at them. I guess you could even say you feel threatened by anyone in a hate group rally out in public walking up to you and yelling obscenities with a weapon strapped across their chest. Would that apply outside voting places too? If armed "poll watchers" approach you? Would it be justification to shoot some armed guy at a pride rally spewing hate to gays? Would Abbott pardon them for shooting those guys if they felt threatened? Hmmmm

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

You support pardoning a convicted murderer.

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

No. You support pardoning a convicted murderer.

astros123 likes this.
  13. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with you. Angry leftists have the right to shut down highways and to pull citizens out of their vehicles at gunpoint in order to beat and terrorize them.

14. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

And you support street goons taking over and destroying entire cities.

15. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

I remember this case a few years back in the 2020 Summer of love. I believe the dude is from Eritrea. When he hit her, that woke chic went airborne like a kite.

tinman, K9Texan and Salvy like this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

This reminds me when they started WOKING Looney Tunes like removing Elmer Fudd's gun (to stop gun violence)

They miss the point of the Looney Tunes Cartoons
    [​IMG]

Did they do the same for the Road Runner and Coyote cartoons?
    [​IMG]

@jo mama
    @Salvy

17. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

You're racist garbage too

tinman likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

The deer shook their heads when they saw that video
    @Salvy
    @ROXRAN

Salvy likes this.
  19. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/juror-in-daniel-perry-murder-trial-speaks-out-following-his-pardon#

"It doesn't make me want to do my part as a citizen and be on a jury again because what's the point? It doesn't really matter," said Jere Dowell.

Dowell served as an alternate juror in the murder trial of Army Sergeant Daniel Perry. She listened to the testimonies and was in the room for deliberations as 12 of her peers found Perry guilty of the murder of Garrett Foster in 2020.

Foster was at a Black Lives Matter protest when he encountered Perry who was working as an Uber driver in Austin part-time.

"A man was killed on Congress Ave. and there's no justice for that," said Dowell.

Governor Greg Abbott issued a full pardon to Perry Thursday afternoon-- restoring his full rights as a citizen, including his ability to yet again bear arms.

Jere said her time was wasted her time serving on that jury.

"The evidence was overwhelming that it was not only a murderer but [Perry] also premeditated it. He was a hammer looking for a nail," said Dowell.

She added, "Everybody took it very seriously and I'm sure slap in the face to them as well. That was two weeks of our lives."

CBS Austin spoke to political expert, Jim Henson when the Texas Board of Parole and Pardons first launched their investigation into the Perry Case.

Henson said the political intentions behind the pardon were clear.

"Republicans had very negative attitudes towards the BLM protests, and towards the organization itself. And so the politics of this are pretty clear if you're Governor Abbott."

Henson added, "This is another instance in which the governor is very willing, and interested in using the executive powers of the Governor in ways that stretch the conventional norms of the office."

Shortly after the pardon was issued Thursday afternoon, Travis County District Attorney, Jose Garza, condemned Governor Abbott on social media for his decision.

"The board and the governor have put their politics over justice and made a mockery of our legal system," said Garza.

Governor Abbott responded today on "X," formerly known as Twitter, saying in part: "More than any prosecutor in Texas, the Travis County District Attorney puts politics over justice and mocks our legal system."

Abbott added, "I will use my constitutional authority to override his leftist policies when needed."

Henson said, "Both Governor Abbott but more broadly, Republicans in state government, looking to criticize and ultimately limit the powers of local elected officials in cities and counties across the state. Austin has been a frequent target of that."

Jere Davis said she did her part to make sure justice was served.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Has a convicted murderer ever been pardoned before?

astros123 and FranchiseBlade like this.