1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gov Abbot orders Texas State Guard to "monitor" US Troop exercises

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Apr 28, 2015.

1. TheresTheDagger

Last I checked, OU hates UT.

Go Sooners?

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I was being sarcastic and I hope Mr. Clutch was too. Texas secession would only be disastrous for Texas and it's citizens.

3. MFG16

MFG16 Member

Random Walmart's being shut down, a military simulation that's seen by some as preparation for martial law, and Abbot not trusting said simulation. This has got to be a conspiracy theorists' wet dream.

In all seriousness, Abbot was a terrible choice for Governor and he will continue to illustrate this to State of Texas.

4. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dYW72UL6Ez8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

We all know the Republic of Texas must defend ourselves from the federal invaders.

6. Major

Major Member

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/todd-smith-greg-abbott-pandering-to-idiots

A former Republican state lawmaker wrote a scathing letter to Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) on Thursday that slammed him for "pandering to idiots" who believe that a planned U.S. military exercise is cover for a forcible takeover of the state.

In a letter obtained by the Dallas Morning News, Todd Smith, who served in the state legislature for 16 years, wrote that he was "livid" about Abbott's request for the State Guard to monitor the military's upcoming training exercise, dubbed "Jade Helm 15."

"I am horrified that I have to choose between the possibility that my Governor actually believes this stuff and the possibility that my Governor doesn’t have the backbone to stand up to those who do," Smith wrote.

"I am appalled that you would give credence to the nonsense mouthed by those who instead make decisions based on internet or radio shock jock driven hysteria," he added. "Is there ANYBODY who is going to stand up to this radical nonsense that is cancer on our State and Party?"

7. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Scanning the comments sections in articles about this issue, I've observed that Alex Jones' followers are certainly a devoted bunch.

8. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/w-0TEJMJOhk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nice to see that there are some actual Republicans still out there, in contrast to the bizarre group that currently have their grip on power. You can thank all those too lazy to vote for a lot of our misery, in my humble opinion. More Republicans need to have the courage to speak up like Todd Smith.

10. Ty_Webb

Ty_Webb Member

GESTAPO IN BASTROPO!!!

Is this an Onion article? Nope TEXAS!

These rightwing fear mongers and the double digit IQ lemmings that follow them are an absolute embarrassment to the state.

[​IMG]

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Of course, this is a former GOP lawmaker, which pretty much counts for nothing. It's amazing how courageous one can be when there are no votes or money involved.

I'll answer his question: No.

12. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

This just means any moron can get elected to public offices, we might as well randomly select our elected officials.

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Love the woman in the "miss me yet?" shirt. The answer is still "HELL NO!" and always will be.

14. conquistador#11

those green berets and navy seals might be under the mind control of the obama. better to be prepared than to be ambushed by the black president and his goons.

=/

feels like some SNL skit.

15. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the irony/hypocrisy is that this stuff was going on under junior as well.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

C'mon! No Gestapo in Bastropo is hella funny.

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

What a bunch of morons.

18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

19. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Say what you will about Abbott, he's pandering to the people give enough of a (crazy) **** to bother to vote in this state.

20. Remii

Remii Member

Yea, I keep seeing post that people don't vote but why should the poor and marginalized waste their time voting when it doesn't matter who is in office when it comes to them.