1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gotta love the NFL...

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by leroy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. leroy

leroy Member

I run a head-to-head league on Yahoo. I had originally lost this past week by 4 points. That is until...

Les Bowen, of the Philadelphia Daily news, reports the NFL has changed Philadelphia Eagles WR Reggie Brown's catch and fumble that resulted in a fumble recovery and touchdown for RB Correll Buckhalter has been changed. The NFL ruled Brown did not have possession before Buckhalter caught his deflection, giving Buckhalter a 55-yard touchdown reception instead of a fumble recovery. WR Reggie Brown now has one catch for 18 yards during the Week 10 game. QB Donovan McNabb now has 257 yards passing in addition to the 55-yard touchdown pass.

That lovely stat correction turned a 4 point loss into a 3 point win (6 for the td and 1 for 50 yds passing). It also put me back in 1st place all by my lonesome.

Gotta love it!

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Member

Funny how my NFL.com league has yet to add these stats for McNabb.

The guy I was playing has McNabb. Not that it makes a difference in the outcome, I still win, but it is odd that the official NFL site hasn't recognized this change in the stats.