1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Gotta Get Beasley if it will only take our NYK pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Metropolis777, Feb 29, 2012.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

We should have gotten him when he was available for 2 second rounders.

I wouldn't do it now since he's got a pay day around the corner and it wouldn't be smart to commit to him long-term with all his inconsistencies.

We can make better use of that pick and hopefully Morris can develop into a Beasley-like player with a better head on his shoulders.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He could step right in and play.

3. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I dont see that happening. Beasley is the guy you wnat if you want that kind of production. We are not getting it from Morris if he cant even get out of the D league or off the bench yet.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yet his value is a 2nd round pick lol.

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thought the Celtics and Nets were in hot pursuit of Beasley ....

Anyhow, Michael is a player with untapped potential who has underachieved...until recently. I think Beasley's ready to take his game up a notch. He's a young player on the come with big time pedigree, stuck in a logjam....nice overlay here. And he's expiring at 6.2 ?

The problem with Beasley is that he doesn't rebound or defend well enough to suit me as long term solution.....still, there is that upside ...

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

So under McHale's system, he could fit perfectly on the bench right next to T-Will and Thabeet.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thats because he should be playing PF instead of SF.

8. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

IMO, the NYK pick is becoming more and more useless everyday. Get rid of it now if we can.

9. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

I really like Beasley’s raw talent, but games like last night and the one he played against us only happen like once every few weeks. He’s not even playing ahead of the bust Wesley Johnson because he’s so erratic and at least Wes consistently brings defense.

Like I said, I would have liked it before as a low-risk reclamation project, but I think that ship has sailed. We already gave up a first rounder for T-Will’s “raw potential” and look how that turned out. Beasley is more coachable (better attitude) than T-Will, but he still lacks the mental makeup to ever be great IMO.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is reminscent of the T-Will deal.

11. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Is this the same Beasly that was dismissed from the Rookie Symposium because he and some other dude were smoking pot?

12. Houston288South

He's an upgrade athletically and he's young. Why not? We need to take a chance cause this dude roasted us this year

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He would definitely be an upgrade over J. Hill.

14. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yea why not low risk high reward dude can be a beast key word CAN will he idk

16. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I heard that Adelman really likes T-Will?...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

18. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

The reason Minny would offer that to LA is cap relief (their trade exception from the Odom deal).

We don't have that. They would be better off holding onto Beasley and hoping to do an S+T for a first.

19. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Thabeet and a 2nd rd pick for beasley if they want him gone that bad.

20. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Beasley, is this what it has come to ?? The guy is not even a crazy guy with an edge you can count on to grind it out and work hard. He's a #2 pick, who smokes too much and has no fire. Do...not....want!