1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Got my first speeding ticket tonight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketsfeeva, Nov 25, 2012.

1. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Got pulled over for going 82 on a 65 highway, on top of that got another citation for "fail to pull to right when required." It was a State Trooper so my way of trying to talk him out of it was useless. Anyways my first time getting a ticket so what do i do from here?

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Don't pay it, get a warrant, get arrested, street cred, sling rock, go to jail again, come out with face tattoos, loiter at Walgreen's.

3 people like this.
  3. SK34

SK34 Member

I got one last Wednesday doing 50 on 35. What they told me to do is call the court and ask them to do defensive driving. So i don't have to go to court and pay the court fee. This way it doesn't go on my record and the insurance doesn't increase.

4. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

I'll go and do that then. Damn, that trooper was rather rude to me.

5. SK34

SK34 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s4nQ_mFJV4I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Must watch

1 person likes this.
  6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Do comedy defensive driving.

Best one to do. Its a website. Google it.

I got myvfirst and only ticket last year. Paid for the class, and driving record and that was it. Ticket was outrageous. Thankgod for DD.

7. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Just my guess but he was probably mad cause of your apparent failing to pull to the right. Or he could have just been an a-hole cop, who knows ;) But yeah you need to hit the courts soon.

8. Relentless

Relentless Member

I've taken defensive driving 7 times. Are you stupid or just dumb?

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

My new sig...

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What did he do that was rude?

11. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

he was expecting some free coffee and massage.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Flee to Mexico.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

First you have to cry over it for several nights on your pillow.

14. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

This. From my experience of being pulled over 30 times in my life and getting only 5 tickets, you have to be cordial and polite. A cop friend of mine told me that when someone "sees red", that means they are being aholeish and that is just going to make the cop want to give them a ticket even more. You usually can't get out of a ticket from a trooper (unless you know someone in high places) but the last time I got stopped by a trooper, he was so impressed with how quickly I pulled over and how polite I was. He knocked my ticket down to under $100 and assured me it wouldn't be reported to insurance or go on my record. I checked a week later and he was right - it never went on my record. So, if this happens again (and it probably will), just try to stay calm and be respectful and polite and you'll be surprised by what will happen.

15. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If that man can get Clay Davis off in The Wire, he can make interacting with the police much easier.

16. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

I got pulled over on 45 headed to Dallas by a trooper close to Corsicana. I had some weed in the car so I was sh!****g bricks. He was the coolest trooper ever. Just asked me to slow down an gave be a written warning. I think the Key is to be nice.

17. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

A lawyer should be able to get you off for around $100. You will have to go to court, possibly a few times, but eventually they get you off. I used to use David Sprecher in Houston and it worked every time--both times. One time he got me off a stop sign ticket by taking pictures of the intersection and showed that the paint in the street showing where to stop was too faded. With a Lawyer, you are joining the system instead of fighting it.

Or do defensive driving.

18. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

Any time my dad got pulled over, it would be a 20 minute firendly conversation between he and the officer with things like, "so, where you from?" and crap like that. he would always find someone that they both knew eventually. small world technique.

19. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

Not to brag.. but the last whopping SEVEN times I've been pulled over I've gotten out on a warning by the skin of my teeth

[​IMG]

20. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member