1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Got in a wreck today.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by vaioavan63, Oct 18, 2014.

1. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

I Was on HWY6 going at 60mph, I had the right of way and some dumb ass Mexican with no license (I'm Mexican too) apparently didn't see me and we made contact. I was actually shocked that his truck had insurance. Anyways, His Truck stopped on the spot and I skidded and spun for about 60ft. Four witnesses were kind enough to stop and talk to police. No wonder the cops were all over him and didn't bother to talk to me. It was obvious he was at fault. My truck was a 2014 Ram 1500 with 8k in upgrades. Do you you guys think insurance will pay my truck or try to repair it? Cuz there's no way in hell I want my truck repaired after seeing the damage. It's a total loss in my eyes. For a 7" inch lifted truck, I'm just glad I didn't flip.

#1 vaioavan63, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Props on surviving, but you're bringing a lotta shouldas to a woulda coulda fight.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Post pics of the beaner truck. I'm pretty sure the guy that crashed you can fix it and sell it on Craigslist like new condition.

4. Nook

Nook Member

A 2014? Most likely they will repair it. The only time they total it is if it costs more to repair than total. They are not going to want to pay for upgrade repairs either. You will need receipts and most likely they will fight it and refuse to pay it. They also will use after market parts.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Yeah that isn't true at all. If repairs total 50% of a total loss they will start to consider not repairing.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Where on highway 6?

7. vaioavan63

Yea, that's what the tow truck driver told me, that since its new most likely they will try to repair it. There wasn't much body damage to my truck but every thing underneath was a total mess. No way I want to drive that again. My truck was easily worth around 35k. My dad recommended I lawyer up

8. vaioavan63

hwy 6 in Fresno. I was too pissed to pay attention but my sister, who arrived shortly after the wreck, told me several people were taking pics or videos of my truck, on guy even made a U turn to get a closer look, or so she says. I just wanted to beat that guys up but I would end up losing so I kept my cool.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Unless you are hurt a lawyer won't do anything for you. "everything underneath" is the easiest part to fix. Aside from the frame which they just straighten, they simply replace parts. It will take a ton of those parts to reach 15K. You will get a rental truck (don't let them give you a car, you had a truck so you can get a truck or SUV) and you truck will get fixed. You can get a cash payment for reduced value also.

10. vaioavan63

The cop making the report immediately determined the other dumb ass was at fault. His truck made a dead stop while my skid marks were all over Hwy6 for several dozen feet.

11. vaioavan63

I was a bit distraught to take pictures of the carnage be here she is in happier [/img]

#11 vaioavan63, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  12. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Accidents are the worst. Totally sux for u but a reminder to all of us to pay attention and drive carefully. Hope it all resolves ok for ya.

13. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I'm sorry for your loss man. That's a nice truck.

14. what

what Member

actually, they will fix your vehicle, but even still the insurance company are still not off the hook. There is something called diminished value, which is the difference between how much a vehicle was worth with zero damage and how much it is worth after an accident.

the insurance company will try to tell you that when they fix the vehicle they are restoring it to pre-accident state and anything less than that is something you'd have to work out with the body shop. this is a ploy by the insurance companies and don't believe them. texas law recognizes diminished value claims and the insurance companies are obliged to pay for the actual damages to the truck and also the perceived loss a value due to an accident.

one good way of checking the value before and after an accident is kelly blue book. In this case, you are probably looking at a sizable amount of change that goes directly into your pocket, in addition to them having to fix the truck.

You are probably looking at a good 2 to 3 grand of a diminished value claim.

15. vaioavan63

I was as careful as can be. Hwy 6 is 3 lanes. I was in the middle lane and I saw the dumb ass pulling up so I quickly switched to the left. Common sense would tell him to brake but he just kept going for some odd reason and he hit my passenger doors and I spun out of control. My truck ruined.

16. what

what Member

Something tells me you didn't break either. Typical Houstonian. I don't know 1 texas driver that DOESN'T think he has the right of way on the freeway.

17. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

I didn't mean to at all inply it was your fault
    My bad :(

18. vaioavan63

As soon as I saw him i quickly switched lanes but it was too late to brake anyways. By switching lanes, I thought he would see me and stop but he just kept going. Doesn't 'right of way' mean anything? Apparently not to these illegals with no license. My own people piss me off sometimes. Pretty much everyone I know has caused a wreck.

19. vaioavan63

Yea I'm very glad nothing happened to me. You know it was bad if witnesses and paramedics asked me if I was "ok". I told one paramedic, "no, I'm not ok, I'm pissed". And he went about his way.

20. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

it's not your fault. it's not your fault. it's not your fault.