1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gore Claims He Smells a Rat. Do you?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dc sports, Sep 12, 2000.

1. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

The question I have, regarding the ad itself, is how can it go on the air without Bush's advertising men knowing about the subliminal message within the ad? They claim they knew nothing about the subliminal message used in the ad. Don't they watch this stuff before they air it? I don't buy a word of their excuses.

Stumbles like this one and the "A**hole" comment caught on the live microphone make me believe that Dubya and his team are doing their level headed best to blow this election.

------------------
    I am the b*stard son of LHutz.

Huh?

Right!

2. dc sports

dc sports Member

I saw this part of the ad last night. The words just flash around the screen a few times before popping into place -- and it happened to flash that part of the word. They flash other parts of words across the screen as well -- that don't mean anything.

I can see how they missed it -- it's a boring political commercial, which is probably why no one but the Democratic people studying the commercials for mistakes happened to notice it. Think about it -- it's been airing nationally for two weeks and no one here even remembered it.

The releasing of the informaiton was a very interesting strategy. The Gore campaign has known about the "rats" thing since the commercial started airing. They didn't mention it, until the day before Bush was scheduled to give a series of seaches on his Medicare Reform plan.

The timing was outstanding -- the Medicare plan vanished from the media -- all the reporters asked about was "rats."

Rocketman Tex, I think you are right. This was Bush's election to loose, and his campaign staff seems to be making all the wrong moves. Of course, during the primaries, Gore had the same criticism. It should be interesting to see who messes up worse.

------------------
    Stay Cool...