1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goran Dragic Watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by nono, Nov 4, 2012.

1. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Yeah, people are calling you out for it because you're a huge anti-Lin fanatic...

2. carayip

carayip Member

I simply think the Suns management is not very good at evaluating talent.

I don't understand why the Suns were so willing to sign Eric Gordon to a max offer sheet and gamble a multi year contract on Beasley but were scared as hell offering a big contract and a big role to OJ Mayo. Or they should have traded Gortart, whatever young players and draft picks OKC desired for Harden when they had the chance.

Their future outlook would have looked much brighter with Mayo or Harden together with Dragic and then start to build around there. Dragic is still a good player and a good signing but he can't do it alone. Oh Kendall Marshall is just a horrible draft choice.

But since I am not a Suns fan, I am not complaining.

3. Dei

Dei Member

Well, I'll take unlikely. Thanks.

You're wrong. I want Lin to do well since he's a Rocket and I've said this before. It's just that, if he sucks, I'll say it. I've praised Lin too.

4. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Exactly. People have said it before but it's our old friend confirmation bias.

"Confirmation bias is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses. People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs."

So if you think Lin is a bad player, then everything bad he does simply reinforces your belief he's bad. While his good plays are just a fluke or "the system."

Of course we can say they are playing badly at the moment, but to say the player is actually bad in just a few games... well... why don't we all wait an entire season (or more) to make our final judgement.

1 person likes this.
  5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Wow, I didn't really follow Dragic, but he's really stinking up the joint lately. Lin is destroying him in December right now.

Dragic in December: 12.6ppg/2.6rpg/5.8apg shooting 41%/30%3pt.
    Lin in December: 14.1ppg/3.2rpg/6.8apg shooting 49%/34%3pt.

I thought there was a good chance Lin can match Dragic's production by next year. But if this keeps up, Lin may finish with a better year than Dragic.

6. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Kincks vs. Suns tonite on NBA TV so lets watch him play

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Whether Suns franchise itself is directly contributing to Dragic's mediocre play or not, we CAN still conclude that Suns management appears pretty shaky.

Relating it to Rockets, with Jeremy Lin it was "McFail's" fault or Kelvin Sampson not giving Lin "confidence". And it was also Lin himself being a p***y. And Morey for even bringing them all in. And "Le$" seeing the dollars signs before on-court ability in the first place signing off on it all, which means just a gigantic fire sale and purge is needed top to bottom.

After 15 games into the youngest least experienced team in the league's season with 3 first time starters including Lin himself...

I'm thinking its a typo, but I want to see it as INTENTIONAL

8. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

We Want Dragic!!! He is better than Lin!!!

Dragic

PPG

APG

RPG

VS.

Lin

PPG

APG

RPG

Lin is way better cause Dragic is the leading point getter for the Suns LOL

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lin is younger and doesn't have a player option.

It's a no-brainer, really.

10. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Has he hit the wall? Or is he playing hurt? His numbers have started to taper off. He's playing almost 6 minutes more per game than last season.

His fg%, 3P% and ft% are all down from last year and his per 36 minutes totals are off a bit from last year too. You would think he would try to stuff the stat sheet on a losing team, but I guess he's not really a shooter like Lowry.

Still solid, but average to above average numbers.

11. pnr

pnr Member

Is he the primary playmaker on the suns? Maybe he has a "harden" on his team thats taking the ball out of his hands?

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

People just overrated him.

13. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Pretty much.

14. VanityHalfBlack

15. Karolik

Karolik Member

Dropped back down to earth >,>. Him and Lin are playing about par right now and one is 2 years younger.

16. rolandvpro

rolandvpro Member

its about time.... front page nba.com

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

18. carayip

carayip Member

Why would Dragic regret going to the Suns where he got more money and got to be "the man" (at least for the time being)? Just because the Rockets have a better record then the Suns right now?

By the token, Harden should regret not taking less money and staying in OKC and Lin and Asik all regret not staying in their original teams then?

19. gate470

gate470 Rookie

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member