1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GOP hispanic outreach continues

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mc mark, Aug 13, 2013.

1. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

The GOP's effort to appeal to Latino voters is really going well

Rep. Steve King Says Latino Immigrants Are From A ‘Violent Civilization,’ Will Bring ‘More Violence’ To America

If you bring people from a violent civilization into a less-violent civilization, you’re going to have more violence right? It’s like pouring hot water into cold water, does it raise the temperature or not?

Recently, King has stood by other statements comparing immigrants to animals and even asked his constituents to make monetary contributions towards fending off attacks against people “who are trying to take away my voice.” King plans to join the Tea Party for other anti-immigrant rallies across the United States.

1 person likes this.
  2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

rofl.....i knew it was gonna be good when i saw the thread title. :grin:

3. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

What the Congressman fails to realize is that, while there has certainly been a lot of violence across the border, most immigrants are seeking to escape the violence and better their lives.

4. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Fair enough; unfortunately one could have found similarly intolerant statements by Democrats about blacks twenty or thirty years ago, and they still successfully earned and retained the black vote. I happen to think Hispanics are sufficiently economically diverse to intermittently identify with non-Hispanic whites and consistently and potentially vote 45% GOP nationally and up to 50% in some state and local jurisdictions.

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

It is strangely enjoyable to watch the old white people's party try to hang on as the demographics change.

Not only are they alienating Latinos who won't forget just because they get a few token corporate Cubanos like Rubio and Cruz, they are alienating young folks who really don't like the old intolerance.

Hey they can hang out in the gerrymandered districts for another few years and then the deluge , no matter how many laws (thanks to their S. Ct. )they now pass to try to limit the voting of the poor, of African Americans, Latinos and college students. lol lol

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I've been assured personally that the tea party is in no way racist so I'm just going to blame this quote on the media.

What abyss of weird has basso fallen into? It's getting way past disturbed at this point.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

During a sparsely attended, Tea Party-sponsored, “Stop Amnesty” rally against immigration reform on Monday, Rep. Steve King (R-IA) launched into a vicious tirade against individuals from Latin America, claiming that the population gets more violent as one moves further south in Latin America.
    _____

Shameful.

9. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

the best and brightest of the GOP

10. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

And, the VAST majority of the violence is the direct result of the drug war, because of the United States.

11. GladiatoRowdy

Which is hilarious because the worst of the violence is in the border towns.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

So true. That's why Brazilians are so good at ultimate fighting. Once you get to Tierra del Fuego - sh-t is over. You can't even walk down the Street without getting pistol whipped- which happens to be a common form of greeting there.

2 people like this.
  13. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

The only thing the congressman left out was a reference to Aaron Hernandez.

14. Refman

I never said anything to the contrary. However, violence is still violence.

15. Refman

I am concerned for your health. Being this full of hatred and anger must be really exhausting in addition to being completely unhealthy.

16. GladiatoRowdy

I was trying to add to your point, not detract from it. However, it is useful to look at where the violence is coming from if we are going to try and analyze which societies are more violent and why.

17. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Hmm I would like to start another thread on the drug war. You are right that our demand is fueling it, but I think it has escalated because of Mexico's poor decisions. Putting the military in place undermined the police and the huge factor is that poor people in authority positions are easily corrupted.

I've been in Mexico about 5-6 times (Monterrey) during HS and college and each time, yes each time, we payed off cops. Not for anything serious, but it is very common.

Do you feel legalization of weed will help? Legalization of more drugs?

18. GladiatoRowdy

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=63243

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Texas violence > Nebraska violence > Canada violence also fits this wise congressman's theory. Interesting.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Even the Republican leadership has criticized Rep. Steve King for his anti-immigrants comments.