1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[GOP GA] gone wild

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Mar 26, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Pointing to a predominately black and brown neighborhood and saying "predominately were the fraud is occuring" with no evidence to back it up. These people are unhinged.

joshuaao and mdrowe00 like this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How does any of these laws help what you think is an issue?

None of these laws address anything you have talked about.

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

Yup in Massachusetts we have a online system to check the status of our ballot.

It's amazing what election measures are in place when people sincerely care about voting rights rather than using the rhetoric to suppress certain demographics from voting.

Isn't that amazing @StupidMoniker ?

London'sBurning, mdrowe00 and ROCKSS like this.
  4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I am not saying that it true but it sure could be ...

Invisible Pink Unicorns, the tricky devils that they are, can change ballots after they have been placed in the ballot box. This explains everything.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  5. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So, no significant detectable voter fraud in the last 15 years. Yet, we have very detectable hours long voting lines in multiple elections and multiple urban areas that just coincidently happen to impact Democrats disproportionately and legislation proposed and passed that seek to make this voting experience even more onerous.

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

In California we have something that will tell you if your ballot has been received, but you cannot check how or if it was counted, only that they have received your envelope. To me that is not amazing, it is essentially free tracking (they scan a barcode when the envelope arrives). You can do that yourself at the post office for a dollar or so, or online for $0.23. I would like to be able to view the machine count of my ballot, so I know my vote was counted as I intended.
    How does in person only voting affect a mailman throwing out absentee ballots? Do you really need that explained to you? There would be no absentee ballots to throw out. How would photo ID prevent someone voting for someone else? The poll worker can look at you and look at the picture on the ID. You could check SSN when you register people to vote, that should eliminate registration of non-citizens.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wow!

What does any of this have to do with what I asked or the premise of this thread.

I agree that anyone throwing out ballots would be a huge issue but none of these laws adresses that.

Why are creating a Straw man to deflect from what is actually being done?

How is closing polling stations and taking away authority from the L Sec and local election committees stopping somebody from throwing away ballots in mass?

I don't really have an issue with voter ID so stop with that straw man.

8. StupidMoniker

@gifford1967 asked me a question which I was answering. You responded to my answer. Neither the question nor the answer were specifically about the Georgia voting laws passed recently, they were about voter fraud more generally. If that side conversation is not of interest to you, that is fine, I'm sure there are other posts that deal specifically with the new Georgia laws. I don't understand your rigid demand that posts must be specifically about the exact topic of a thread, they must not be more than some arbitrary maximum length, etc. You really don't seem to enjoy reading my posts and it seems to be taking away from your enjoyment of ClutchFans, to whatever small degree. I invite you to use your ignore function, because I will continue to post as a like, regardless of your opinion on the matter.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In MN we have a system like that too.

MN's mail in voting requires either a driver's license number, other state ID, or a utility bill to prove residence. In previous years it required a third party to witness that the person submitting the ballot is who they claim to be, that was waived for 2020 but is likely to come back. Mail-in voting in MN is more stringent than in person voting.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Texas laws have gone wild too. Why on earth should you need to provide a passport or birth certificate to renew a Texas driver's license you've had for over 40 years? That's ridiculous.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

Maybe you reincarnated?

Kim, mdrowe00 and deb4rockets like this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Reincarnated as an illegal?

mdrowe00 and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. fchowd0311

Definitely a possibility.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I could care less what you post I just don't like you arguing the same thing over and over and ignoring relevent facts to your argument.

I have no idea why you responded to this discussion with something I said in another thread, that seems like a deflection and you could not answer the relevant question.

I don't do ignore it seems that you just don't want me calling attention to your strawmen or the fact that you ignore relevant facts that go against your narrative.

Once again I ask what does these current voting legislations have to do with what you consider to be the main issues of possible voter fraud?

How do they combat somebody throwing away ballots?

15. StupidMoniker

What did I argue over and over in this thread? What facts did I ignore?
    I answered a question posed to me. You asked a followup that I answered. Then you complained that my answer did not related to the recent Georgia voting laws. It was not intended to, it was an answer about voting more generally. That is not a deflection, it is the answer to your question.
    Good for you, I don't either.
    I don't ignore facts, I incorporate them. You can call attention to whatever you like. I don't think you are doing a very good job of it when you misinterpret what question I was answering. I don't care what you do, but I am not the one telling other posters how to post and who to respond to.
    Nothing. Again, I was not addressing the current voting legislation in Georgia. Maybe a course in reading comprehension would help you.
    By not giving them access to ballots in the first place, which is done by requiring in person voting.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you are just trying to hijack the thread by talking about stuff that has nothing to do with it.

This thread is about the current voting legislation in GA so why would I not think what you said had something to do with it.

So why don't you stay on the topic of the thread and not create a possible voting fraud scenario that has nothing to do with this current voting legislation.

Or create a thread on the topic you want to talk about.

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Another republican state playing the Big Lie to keep control...

mdrowe00 and deb4rockets like this.
  19. StupidMoniker

Someone asked me a question about my thoughts on election fraud more generally and I answered them. That is why. You are not in charge of where and how I can post. You can post whatever you want in whatever thread you want. No one needs you to be an unofficial moderator and tell other posters what to do. If you really want to be a whiny little Karen, more power to you, I guess, but it really just makes you seem like an *******, IMHO.

20. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

The vast majority of "libertarians" are conservatives who think they are smarter than the average bear and vote GOP to be rich and "free" of taxes needed to help the losers in the market society.