1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GOP Delegate: Children with Disabilities are God’s Punishment for Past Abortions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Sep 11, 2012.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

GOP Delegate Says that Children with Disabilities are God’s Punishment for Past Abortions

Virginia GOP Delegate Bob Marshall is likely going to be abandoned by many of his Republican colleagues after making a statement that some might find to be quite objectionable. During a press conference to discuss cutting funding for Planned Parenthood, Marshall attacked the organization relentlessly. That part of his speech would get applause from most of the GOP.

The part of the speech that might cause him to lose a few friends is when he seemed to be saying that women who have children with disabilities are being punished by God for getting abortions in the past.

“The number of children who are born subsequent to a first abortion with handicaps has increased dramatically. Why? Because when you abort the first born of any, nature takes its vengeance on the subsequent children,” said Marshall.

“In the Old Testament, the first born of every being, animal and man, was dedicated to the Lord. There’s a special punishment Christians would suggest.”

Marshall goes on to say that Obama’s health care reform legislation seeks to “take your soul.”

link

2. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Reps are flying off the handle everywhere. Or is it par for the course?

3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

the American Taliban

4. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I know what he's referring to in the OT, but 'special punishments' is some pretty terrible theology.

I've heard of abortions having adverse effects on the health of the mother, but disabled siblings is a new one to me.

But, he's just a state rep. So, he's only Virginia's problem.

Still, it was all worth it for Bleeding Red's gif.

6. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

These are the same type of people that would form the Taliban if they lived in Afghanistan.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yup.

Clinging to old, archaic ideas of morality under the delusion of "God's Will" meaning "all who do not believe what I believe should suffer consequences".

Using old money instead of Russian bought assault rifles, and idiotic public demonstrations instead of strapping dynamite to their chests.

The Tea Party is an equal and opposite reaction to the 9/11 terrorists. Those who operate under fear and paranoia under the guise of religion are the most dangerous among us.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What a dirty rotten b*stard. No one with a child who has a disability, regardless of political party, regardless of whether they ever vote in their entire life, and certainly whether they've ever had an abortion, or not, deserves to get up in the morning and read this excrement. While I don't happen to believe that it exists, if it does, I hope this man spends an eternity in the darkest depths of Hell.

Yeah. Reading this kind of **** pisses me off.

1 person likes this.
  9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

on par with banning corporate profits?

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The fact that the extreme right wingers like basso, izakcrazy, and the wonder twins don't condemn these kind of statements is pretty telling.

Even if they don't necessarily agree with the exact idea, they certainly will support anything that gets a rise out of the left.

That is why it seems like the only way to be an outspoken Republican these days is to pretend to be a crazy Tea Party blowhard who spews ignorance at every opportunity.

It isn't about America, its about "I'm right and you're wrong" and nobody is fighting for the country, but everyone wants to be the one to scream "I told you so" when it fails.

Sad **** man.

1 person likes this.
  11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

savages. The neo cons, taliban, all of them.

12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

f'ing nutcase crazy people out there man.

random aside, do you find this kind of 18th century or earlier thinking seemingly as prevalent in Europe, or elsewhere?

14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

As long as the coverage of this story is in print, Bob can rely on the Virginia literacy rate to protect him from any real backlash.

15. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Which is why nobody on this board takes them seriously.

17. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

^^ I thought my gif said what i thought of the comment perfectly well...

Sorry it wasn't a facepalm picture.

Just to make sure y'all know... I do not agree with abortion, but the comments by Bob Marshall Regarding handicapped children are wrong and offensive.

18. Classic

Classic Member

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Thank you.

20. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Agree ... totally.

1 person likes this.