1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GOP Convention lol !

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Jul 18, 2016.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Shut up. Blatant plagiarism. Take the L

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Trump bring out the worst of people. Watching the people at the convention with their eye closed to this prayer... yick.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">1/ I've heard a lot of prayers by religious leaders of different faiths at RNCs &amp; DNCs. But nothing like this. <a href="https://t.co/RYfpn58TNi">pic.twitter.com/RYfpn58TNi</a></p>&mdash; Amy Sullivan (@sullivanamy) <a href="https://twitter.com/sullivanamy/status/755156959704322048">July 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.interfaithalliance.org/t...diction-at-the-republican-national-convention

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

How can it be this bad? How can adults, grown men and women who are supposed to be leading the country find something like this to be acceptable/appropriate. It's hard to believe how ridiculous this presidential race is, how ridiculous Trump is where he is. Excuse me for this tropic thunder joke, but American politics is going full r****d. Has it always been like this? This is the first presidential race I have semi followed.

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Richard Kadrey ‏@Richard_Kadrey Jul 17
    The celebrity lineup for the RNC convention is basically everyone who blew their Sharknado audition.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Don't believe your lying eyes is Trump's new campaign slogan.

6. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You really can't make this stuff up....

To make it worse, it seems there are no depths too low that Trump could sink too that would cause some people to stop waving their team flag.

Comedians joked about it, but it really does seem having a black president really has made some people lose their minds...

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Cml has a boner.

American sharia law at its finest here. Yuck

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

No, it has never been this bad in recent times or probably ever. Not to said it was great prior.. and the trend has been bad. You might be interested in the article below. (I don't agree with it but it's an interesting take and have some background info).

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/07/how-american-politics-went-insane/485570/

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry.

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

To keep us divided and not united?

11. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Manafort said attacks on Trump's speech are due to Hillary Clinton, the presumptive Democratic nominee, being "threatened" by Trump.
    "This is once again an example of when a woman threatens Hillary Clinton, she seeks out to demean her and take her down. It's not going to work," he said.

Umm, I don't think Clinton's campaign has even made a statement yet about this. They are really blowing this- because now, Clinton's camp will make a point that she did nothing to "demean" her- that she didn't even comment on it when the story first hit, and so it brings all their narratives about her doing this in the past into question.

These are some really dumb people.

12. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Well that went well.

13. underoverup

underoverup Member

Whoever wrote that speech trolled Trump hard. :eek:

14. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I think you mean to say he let Trump down.

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I thought she did a great job with Michelle's speech. I hope Trump doesn't have her deported.

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

No one at that level completely writes their own speeches anymore. That said, whomever did this to Melania hurt the wrong person. What a dick move. She is not her husband.

Now we're focused on garbage again instead of real issues. Just another thing to divide and distract the majority stoopid american public. Honestly this helps Trump because everything will be about this gossip bull**** on not real issues. Get's him in wheelhouse and avoids his weakness at the same time.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Her nasty broken English is the definition of 'Illegal' She sounds like a Russian Cold War Spy... Deport her!!!!!!!

18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Ahhh, because you say so, and without any counter to the points I made. How very ... liberal of you. Yes, indeed, just stop, it's sad.

You were there when this speech was written? Please elaborate on how that happened. Because, absent that, and given that these are very commonly expressed sentiments, the ONLY way you can say it was clearly copied is if you saw them do it.

Again...given that these are commonly expressed sentiments, one could therefore also claim that Michelle copied them. Where is your outrage at that?

Plagiarizing Michelle's speech wouldn't make any sense. Perhaps she saw it, and it stuck in her mind. It certainly is not good that no one checked to make sure something like this didn't happen. So criticism of it is valid, but jumping to plagiarism is a stretch, given how common those talking points are.

I also find it highly ironic that those who don't mind Hillary lying, under oath, on matters of national security are now suddenly so up in arms about this, insignificant similarities in a political speech. Double standard much?

19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

lol My wife and I saw bits of Sharnado since it was on the only English channel while we spent the night in a roadside motel in Mexico.

Speaking of movies, I am trying to decide if Melania reminds me more of little Ex Maquina or one of the Stepford Wives.

#119 glynch, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump got on stage and removed a Mission Impossible style mask to reveal he was Andy Kaufman all along.....