1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Google Sync [iPhone] - Anyone done this?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by the futants, Jul 29, 2010.

1. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

2. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I haven't tried it, but I've recovered contacts through Google with the built in 'sync' in a replaced Droid before. It just saves the list in your Google contacts when you log in and repopulates the phone contacts the same way.

I do know when replacing a synched contact list from an Exchange account on the iPhone it erases the contacts after setup and repopulates then.

However, those instructions do mention specifically a 'keep on my iphone' option. Hmm....

I tell you what, I have a good backup of my phone. I'll set it up and let you know what happens.

3. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Hmm. Well i set it up. As long as you select the 'keep in my iphone' option it doesn't delete anything.

I will log into google when I get the chance to see if the data is there.

4. Southern Select

It rules.

Your gmail, gmail contacts and gmail calendar sync up with your phone. You can never lose them.

You can also edit all of them with your desktop browser too which is easier etc.

It rules.

5. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

I love Google Sync.

You get your email pushed to your phone as well.

6. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

I already had Gmail set to the default mail for the iPhone. I'm more concerned with my PHONE contacts showing up in Gmail.

7. Southern Select

It just makes your gmail contacts your phone contacts and viceversa. You email and phone contacts become one. Very handy.

8. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I use Google Sync with Google Calendar and it syncs up events on my Blackberry. I LOVE Google Sync.