1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Google manipulating negative search terms about Hillary

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Jun 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PFxFRqNmXKg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Wake up people! You people are being scammed by the 1 percenters, the same people that you say you despise.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Um, link to legitimate source? I don't watch random internet videos, from any part of the political spectrum. Usually tin-hat land.

But from the first frame, it looks like an excellent source of confirmation bias. Not that you needed any.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Good for Hillary!

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Google it!

6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Our democrcy is being bought by interest groups and big corporations. Stop being bunch of sheep.

7. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Peter Thiel gives a lot of talks on this topic, though more on the side of the customer. Democracy isn't an accurate depiction of America so much as an oligarchy, so I'm not sure what democracy is being bought at this rate. I don't respect many or any of his views, but he does straight out tell it like it is, and he always talks about the American government as a transactional entity.

For what it's worth, Republican representatives are generally easier to buy and dumber. hard truth

“I think one of the challenges we have in the Republican Party is … our representatives, our senators, are somewhat lower IQ than the people on the other side. So I think there is something to be said for getting some really smart people in there.”

http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/24/p...and-the-need-for-the-gop-to-get-smarter-reps/

Deji McGever likes this.
  8. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

as for Google: lol. Money is speech y'all, and so is having a fast-loading search product.

Deji McGever likes this.
  9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

First result for me is breitbart

So...

10. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Well nowhere does Google say that their predictive search feature is based ENTIRELY on what others are searching. It says that it is one of the factors but obviously they will not (nor should they) disclose their algorithms for predictive search ( https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/106230?hl=en ).

This implication that Google is manipulating search results because of a couple of dumb examples is ridiculous.

Here is a quick video I made just for you showing 3 negative things about Hillary Clinton from the same predictive search feature. Took me 20 seconds lol- http://www.fastswf.com/6mMLkAQ

11. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Just to be clear, when Google completes "Hillary Clinton ind" with "Hillary Clinton India" instead of "Hillary Clinton indictment," Google is NOT saying that more people search for "Hillary Clinton India." (which they are not, more people are searching for "Hillary Clinton indictment").

Google IS saying, based on prior searches AND the wide range of content available on the web, that "Hillary Clinton India" is more relevant search than "Hillary Clinton indictment."

12. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    While there may be some low IQ Republican representatives, I don't think there is any question that the lowest IQ representatives are Democrats. Look at Sheila Jackson Lee, Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi -- these people are truly stupid. Just completely brain dead. In general, liberals make decisions based on emotions and feel and conservatives make decisions based on economic logic and cost-benefit analysis. Their brains are literally programmed on different wavelengths. A liberal will pay any amount of money to save an endangered species or help save the planet from whatever this month's really urgent threat is. A liberal will advocate taking in all refugees regardless of cost. A conservative will apply a cost-benefit analysis to any decision, and is not afraid to offend if the answer leads to an unsympathetic conclusion. Liberals get all dreamy when Obama dances on Ellen and while simultaneously conservatives think he's a pu$$y. Different brain types that process the same information very differently. I also think the Republicans in general hold positions of greater responsibility in society -- heads of households, business leaders, etc than liberals, many of whom hold low level jobs, are single and young, or do not have employees reporting to them and dependent upon their actions. As people age and take on greater responsibility, they often make a rightward turn in their political beliefs. No coincidence.

The_Conquistador's Continuum of Intelligence and Political Beliefs

1. I would say that the absolute smartest people I know (almost equal in intelligence to myself) are extremely conservative in nature, and many of them are libertarian. This group would include extremely successful business owners, West Point/Naval Academy grads, and some ultra-educated medical doctors and academic PHDs. I would be categorized in this group.

2. The next smartest set of people I know are liberals. I would include in this group lawyers and scientists -- smart, educated people with little real world business experience. B-Bob and SamFisher would be an example of this group.

3. The next smartest set of people are a large bucket of businessmen, some doctors, and functionally skilled professionals (engineers, accountants, bankers, architects -- that sort of thing). These people are generally Republicans. The bedrock of society -- homeowners, tax payers, heads of households, honest hard-working people.

4. Then below that you've got a group of lesser skilled professionals who don't make quite as much money -- this group is probably center-right. Nurses, auto-repair, teachers, IT professionals, policemen/firemen, military. This is a group that has average intelligence.

5. Then you've got a HUGE group of virtually unskilled labor who make low wages. This group is almost exclusively liberal. Food service, janitors, landscapers, TSA gropers, musicians, hourly retail people, bus drivers, low level government employees, waiters, etc. This is a below-average IQ group.

6. Below that is the lowest IQ group -- completely unskilled labor, unemployed, inner-city urban people on welfare, people who move furniture, pizza delivery, shoe shiners, fry cooks, etc This group is 100% liberal.

GOOD DAY

1 person likes this.
  13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Thank god. We're counting on the liberal media to bring us home the election. Gooooo media!

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Im starting to use Bing more. I find there is too much manipulation in the google results.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  16. Anticope

Anticope Member

I've come to learn that the people who go around accusing others of being sheep usually end up being the ones who are the real sheep. Especially when they struggle to construct coherent sentences while doing so.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

By and Large
    There is so much information out there
    It would be a full time job to weed out the facts from the fiction
    so
    we end up relying on 'news' orgs to do it for us
    We then have to decide which are 'credible' and which are not
    There are still so many of them that we now have 'news' sources
    who vet our 'news sources'

Rocket River

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That's what Facebook is for! - RocketsLegend

19. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

tldr

Pro Tip teej. Keep it short and pithy.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Right wingers are the biggest cry babies about the media.

Glen Beck was actually spot on for once with his commentary about the Facebook meeting they had.