1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Google is celebrating BLACK SUPREMACY

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by jcee15, May 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why do you need to be proud of your white ancestry? Isn't being proud of your individual accomplishments that you as an individual earned enough?

2. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

If not for my ancestors I wouldn't be here. My accomplishments pale in comparison to hundreds of thousands of years of evolution

3. fchowd0311

But then you are using incorrect diction. Being 'proud' entails self-accomplishment. The correct terminology you are seeking is 'grateful'.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Being a racist and being biased are two completely different things.

Is she a marxist and a communist? I read that she was influenced by marxism and maoism. That does not make her those things.

5. jcee15

What? who cares?

What do you think of Google propping up a marxist, communist?
    Mao killed tens of millions of people.

6. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Proud:
    feeling deep pleasure or satisfaction as a result of one's own achievements, qualities, or possessions or those of someone with whom one is closely associated.

No dog in this fight, but you can be proud of someone elses accomplishments.

7. jcee15

She sounds more than influenced and definitely anti-american to me.
    Per wiki:
    In response to the United States' actions following 9/11 Kochiyama stated that,
    "the goal of the war [on terrorism] is more than just getting oil and fuel. The United States is intent on taking over the world" and "it's important we all understand that the main terrorist and the main enemy of the world's people is the U.S. government.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Which ancestors are those by the way?

If what you are saying is that you are proud to look the way you do then yes. Say that.

Can you say "I'm white and I'm proud!" without getting funny looks? No, but that is thanks to context and the history of that phrase.

What ancestry is it you have to be proud of? Are you Irish, German, Swedish? What? You can't just say you are proud to share that heritage? No one would look at you funny if you did. Why can't you just take pride in a nationality?

9. fchowd0311

Well there is a difference in being a mother who is proud of her son's accomplishments who she had a large part in raising and being proud of accomplishments of individuals who you never meet and had no part in their life. In the definition I would assume "closely associated" with means something along the lines of a close relative that you had much influence over such as a son or daughter.

Sure, I guess you can be 'proud' of Sir Issac Newton's advancement in differential calculus because you share similar skin pigmentation, but for me at least, that sense of being proud would be rather empty and not as satisfying.

#29 fchowd0311, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
  10. Falcons Talon

It would be nice if every race would be expected do that.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That would just make her anti-american. Not exactly a Marxist or Communist.

I don't know, I see it as Google is recognizing an influential woman who is much more complex than just labeling her a Marxist and Communist.

12. jcee15

I'm french and german, but my only option when I fill out forms is white.

13. jcee15

What is making you defend her?

>was one of the few non-blacks invited to join the Republic of New Africa (RNA), established in 1968 and which advocated the establishment of a separate black nation in the U.S South.

>Kochiyama and other activists demanded the release of four Puerto Rican nationalists convicted of attempted murder—Lolita Lebrón, Rafael Cancel Miranda, Andres Figueroa Cordero, and Irving Flores Rodríguez—who in 1954 had opened fire in the House of Representatives, injuring five congressmen

>Kochiyama also supported Yu Kikumura, an alleged member of the Japanese Red Army, who was arrested in Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam in 1986 when he was found carrying a bomb in his luggage and subsequently convicted of planning to bomb a US Navy recruitment office in the Veteran's Administration building

14. Falcons Talon

Like I said, no dog in this fight, but jcee15 does indeed have a blood connection to his ancestors. That doesn't really apply to the Sir Isaac Newton example unless you are blood related.

1 person likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

There is a rational justification for someone like an African American being proud of their race and it being somewhat justified but the problem is you won't agree with the initial premise.

The initial premise is that their race actually had a part in their barriers for success. Now, we can disagree whether being black today is considered an inherent barrier to overcome to be successful, but in 1940? Hell yes, if you were an accomplished Black scientist or Black lawyer back in the day, it most likely meant that not only did you accomplish being a successful individual but you accomplished being a successful individual while being black which meant less opportunities for higher education and relatively **** grade school education because of the disproportionate funding that the black only schools lacked. So in that sense, when a Black person states they are a proud black individual, they are proud because whatever they accomplished came along with the added effort they had to put forth because of their race.

So if race is part of the reason why jcee is an internet troll warrior with no real personal accomplishments, then... I guess he has some merit in stating that he is proud of being white? Maybe? That maybe a stretch.

#35 fchowd0311, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well, in the case for black people how are they supposed to do that when they had their names and identity taken from them?

Modern day racial definitions are flat out stupid in the first place.

Read it. I'm not defending anyone, I'm defending words and their meanings.

People toss out these words "Marxist...Communist..." but it feels like they don't know what they mean.

17. Falcons Talon

That's a double standard.

18. fchowd0311

You literally copy and pasted that.

Here is how Jcee acquires education of history and science.

Step 1. He's a racist
    Step 2. He has preconceived notions about race.
    Step 3. He googles a person of history or a scientific principle ONLY because he needs to defend his original premise.
    Step 4. He goes through Stormfront threads and learns 'science and history' or he skims through Wikipedia articles to find any notions that support his premise without reading anything beyond what he needs to prove his internet point.
    Step 5. He copies and pastes his selective information.

Any knowledge of history and science that jcee has was purely motivated to prove a point online about his superior race.

How much do you want to bet that the only information he knows about Kochiyama's bio are those three points he copy and pasted.

For example, any 'knowledge' of genetics that jcee believes he has is in context to defend his original bigoted premise. That's it. Beyond that scope, he is clueless.

19. Falcons Talon

So should a special exception should be made or just continue labeling everyone a color?

Agreed!!!

20. jcee15

Your initial premise is loaded. we can't agree that white people have been barriers for african americans. reason being is that blacks would still be in africa. there is a reason they're flooding europe right now.