1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Google I/O 2012

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tolne57, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Q seems like a waste. Too much when a Roku or Apple TV or a custom built option is out there.

Nexus 7 is nice, certainly much better than the Kindle Fire. Though really there will probably be some other 7" Android tablets in the same time frame that will offer a better deal for the money. The Memo37T comes to mind.

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Ordered mine with the case. taxes and shipping was like $305 and some change. I already own the Galaxy Nexus (Tmob) however I am not a fan of the throttle for data on here.

3. trustme

trustme Member

So what's the difference between Apple TV and Q other than the Q costing 3 times as much?

4. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

5. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Two completely different devices. Apple TV hooks up to your TV and streams movies and TV shows, and has no social functions.

The Q connects to the cloud and streams music to speakers. You control its playlist with an Android device, and anyone with an Android device on the same WiFi network can connect to it to add music, modify the playlist, change the volume etc. in some silly anarchic manner.

I don't get it either.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I don't know, but why not include one when every other tablet has one?

7. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. Sajan

Sajan Member

dude. android has been out for how long? how many diff devices? and we are still talking about trying to make the UI smooth. even windows phone with its single core is still way more 'slick' than android ever will be.
    don't get started on battery life.

what about this update? when will it get to the users so they can experience this faster UI? oh never.

10. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

at these prices, they're pretty much disposable income range for most techies

i may get a nexus 7 just for the heck of it, even though im thinking of migrating to the windows 8 ecosystem asap

11. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

12. trustme

trustme Member

Another thing, how is a 7" tablet cheaper than a lot of subsidized Android phones?

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

That is one AWKWARD handshake.

14. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Images have now been dumped!

15. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

anyone actually make use of cloud services? like real media, im not talking about 1mb pictures or your paltry 3gb of pirated music

HD movies, dense collection of music, 20gb or more

anyone?

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

O how about now with android 4.0.4 on my galaxy nexus... please dont compare windows phone to android. Two completely different targets and goals with android geared towards power users who are into true multitasking. At their current state android is a much more powerful mobile than windows phone.

17. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

To back you up I'm running 4.1 right now, so less than 12 hours after announcement versus a couple of months with iOS

18. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

I was just about to order the Kindle Fire but will now wait to see the the Nexus 7 is better.

19. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Eventually? In our favor is there's so many S3's sold, they might do it sooner than later. I wouldn't get my hopes up to even get it this year but that's just me.

Really cool stuff in there though.

20. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

wait so why wouldnt this be avail for the s3? its not up to google or something? find it odd they would roll that out to nexus but not s3. s3 is going to have like double the specs right? nexus has what like 1GB ram, s3 is like 2GB?

reason i ask, was thinking of using my upgrade to get an s3, but if jelly bean wont be released for it..might hold off