1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Google] 2015 Nexus & Chromecast Event

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Sep 29, 2015.

1. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Just make sure you dont try and bend your Nexus 6P. ;)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r3cWVdLqXCg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I was in the same boat as far as wireless charging goes. Initially, I was disappointed to see that it wasn't included. In the end I didn't find it to be a deal breaker.

I too need a case, I've almost dropped it twice.

3. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

I'm normally very anti-case wearing. But I agree, this phone needs a protective cover for sure. Not used to the larger size, and its so slick..

4. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Are the 5x and 6p cameras basically the same?

I used to not really care, but after my travels this year camera quality is top priority. Just too convenient despite owning a DSLR.

5. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Yup same camera in terms of hardware. However, both phones are missing optical image stabilization and only the 6p has software based electronic image stabilization which I actually feel is a fairly big deal (for video and low light photos)

6. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

may want to read up on it via dxomark, then compare it to other phones on their site. they're known for testing on cameras, lenses, and smartphones.

nexus 6p test is here: http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/Google-Nexus-6P-review-Serious-contender-for-mobile-photography

edit: will also add that this was apparently a prerelease model, so anything fine-tuned by google is not taken into account.

#66 OmegaSupreme, Nov 7, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  7. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9DpYrI48a5o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

So I received my 6p in the mail Fri and using it all wknd, really loving it..

Today at work, an update notice pops up saying something about November pack update is ready to install so I started install... It's been about an hour already and it's still in the restart mode with the 4 colorful circles graphic/animation... Is this normal?? Never had an update take this long..

9. OmegaSupreme

the bad side of bypassing carriers/oems with monthly updates...

started a thread about kind of a big bug on the android issue tracker. got starred by 91 different users in three days. it is non-carrier specific. it's for the 6p involving lte.

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=197102

10. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

This is why I started to disassociate myself from Google.

Bought a Nexus player on sale and returned it the next day due to a gamma brightness bug that's starred by a ton of people and has remained unpatched since October.

Also I'm still upset about the LTE radio in the Verizon galaxy Nexus, and the touch sensitivity bug that never got fixed for the GSM Galaxy Nexus.

11. OmegaSupreme

after the palm pre, the vzw galaxy nexus was probably my favorite phone i've owned. battery life was a mofo however. i forget... what was wrong with lte?

i know that the 5x and 6p also had gamma issues, but were resolved with the monthly update.