1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Googe Reader RIP

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by professorjay, Mar 14, 2013.

Tags:
  1. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Google Reader is being deprecated and will be put to rest in July. I like using it because it's straight forward and is tied into my Google account for convenience.

I don't see why they can't just let it exist. What I like about Google is I can use so many things in it's ecosystem. Peeling things like this off is a turn off. They also stopped Google Listen on Android. Oh well...

Anyways, I'm curious to see what CF recommends for RSS readers. Preferably a web-based reader with a great Android app if possible.

2 people like this.
  2. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Not real happy about them discontinuing the iGoogle product. I like the RSS feed layout that you can customize for a "home" screen.

3. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Great point, I forgot about that. After the announcement I immediately made myself to stop using it. Too bad.