1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goodbye MJ

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by kidrock8, Apr 16, 2003.

1. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

:(

I couldn't help but shed a tear, upon realizing the greatest athlete of our era, will no longer be around on the court.

2. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

No comment :D.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He'll be back in a few years. :)

Seriously, I've never really understood all the Jordan hating. I'm happy I got to see him play in person, even though I wasn't happy with the result (1996 Rocket loss at the United Center).

4. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

I actually got goosebumps.

Some BBSers over the years have accused me of loving Jordan a little too much since I am a Rocket fan.

Thats ok. I just appreciate godly skills and love for a profession that I could never imagine seeing again in my lifetime.

Imagine this. Kobe is so good...and yet if they played one on one in their prime a game to 21 points, I would bet my soul Jordan would whoop Kobe so bad...something like 21-5...you would think it was Dream Vs Shaq circa 1995.

I will truly miss the guy...again. :)

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

So luck sucka.

And Tiger Woods is the greatest athlete of our generation.

6. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

The sport that has so many of its players with fat guts?

7. R0ckets03

That maybe, but what Tiger has done is totally astounding. And I'm not even a golf fan.

8. R0ckets03

Of course I'm not arguing that Jordan is not the greatest basketball player of all time either.

I am not a fan of his and I think he is one of the top four players of all time.

Wilt
    Magic
    Jordan
    Oscar

Not in that order.

9. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Amazing player - almost as good as the hype - which got to be too much.

Dominant athletes of our generation, in order. (I am only including sports which require intelligence/creativity + speed/power + talent).

1. Wayne Gretzky. 9 straight MVPs starting in his rookie season + 4 championships. Most goals scored ever - and he was even better at making his teamates better.

2. Tiger Woods. Best golfer ever. And he is just getting started.

3. Jordan - I agree - he is one of the top 4 basketball players of all time. 6 championships is amazing, but I must say:
    a. He would not have won 6 without Phil Jackson + Scottie (that hurt to say that that about Quitten)
    b. If he had stayed in the NBA, the Rockets would have still beaten the Bulls.

10. Timing

Timing Member

It's about time. I'm sick of seeing a 40 year old MJ and the horrible Wiz on TV. Eck!

11. R0ckets03

Wayne Gretzky won 9 straight MVP's?!?!?! :eek:

12. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

How dare you interupt this MJ suckfest, you're just a hata. ;)

13. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Best player ever atleast that I've seen, soon to be replaced by Kobe Bryant however. Kind of wish that they made the playoffs, its hard to believe they couldnt crack the top 8 in the east. Whats next for MJ?

14. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Damn, I didn't get to watch this since I had my film viewing tonight, we watched the Player if anyone is interested, I'm sorry I missed it because I'm sure that was his last game this time. Too bad he didn't go out with a bang, ie a badass game.

Anyways, so long Mike, it would be nice if more players should your dedication, determination, and domination (only in america). I hope you don't go back to Washington, you belong in Chicago, Charlotte, or Chappel Hill. Thanks for the memories though, I don't think anyone can deny that you provided many exciting moments. Now, can you please be a little more socially conscious like my main man Ali.

15. acejeff5

acejeff5 Member

awww so sad, what a heart breaking thread, he's not gone , he'll be doing something , go get a tissue

16. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i hate jordan. goodbye and good riddance. i'm sick of all the hype when you're 40 and having to watch your team all the time.

that being said i think he's the best player ever and has done some damn amazing things and may never be matched. kinda sad just in a "i respect how good he was" way. however, i won't miss him one bit and i'm gland it ended badly with him not in the playoffs.

17. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

yawn.....

oh, is it over already?

18. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Thanks...:)

MJ you were a great player, easily one of the top 5 ever, but...it's time, man. Trade in the J's for some golf spikes.

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

20. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

The two most dominant athletes of this era are Wayne Gretzky, and Jerry Rice. Each did to the records of their respective professions what no one had come close to before, nor likely will ever again.

If we extend the era a little farther back, Edwin Moses clearly enters into the picture.