1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by yaoluv, Jul 10, 2008.

1. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

linky

ooo George. I'm going to miss this guy.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

about as funny as the "where are the WMD" jokes

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Way to go!

4. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

<embed src="http://www.backwardsbush.com/images/BackwardsBush_Flash.swf" quality="high" wmode="transparent" bgcolor="#000000" width="300" height="255" name="BackwardsBush" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /embed>

5. Nero

Nero Member

World's biggest polluter?

Good God liberal enviro-pinheads are so willfully stupid it is almost beyond belief.

Yes, the nutjobs has 'condemned' the U.S. because it is not willing to join into ruinous treaties which would do nothing but destroy our economy. (Notice the 'article' does not say condemned by *whom*, it is simply enough to say that Bush 'has been condemned').

So who can blame him for making a joke to the suckers who have bought into the tyranny of the politically-correct and the enviro-activists?

But anyone who takes the 'worst polluter' comment as anything more than a joke is just plain stupid.

Before one more person says one more syllable about pollution in the U.S., they need to take a little trip to Shanghai, where on a cloudless day at nonn, you still cannot see the sun.

6. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Bush: Hu-huh. World's biggest polluter. That's a good one, right old Pardner Fookoooduh?

Jintao: Silly American. Don't you know you have nothing on China?

7. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

hmmmm I wonder why China needs soo many polluting factories... who in the world could be buying all of that stuff?!

8. Nero

Nero Member

Oh I see - we're just evil, so whether we actually do the polluting or not, it's really all our fault.

Actually, it's true. I remember back when China started to do to Taiwan what Taiwan had done to Japan so many years ago, everyone in America gathered and sent orders to China: "Ok, we'll buy your cheap crap because it's cheaper than the cheap crap from Taiwan and Korea. BUT, You *must* pollute really really badly."

Cuz, you know, a tiny little country of over a billion people can't be held responsible for its own actions, now can it?

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, pollution doesn't exist.

It's a boogeyman Godless pinko libs tell to their children...

10. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

good thing the economy isn't in the ****ter or my head would explode.

i'm just glad we have such lofty standards.

11. Nero

Nero Member

Who said pollution doesn't exist? I just said we are not the worst, which we are not.

Why is it so hard to believe that the United States is not the cause of all the worlds' problems?

Where did all this self-loathing come from?

12. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Why is it so hard to believe that the United States should lead the world when it comes to reducing pollution, instead of having a President that basically has done nothing but joke about it for the last 7+ years?

Keep fiddlin', Nero.... :D

13. Nero

Nero Member

Our economy is in da crappa eh?

I suppose you would happily trade it for, say, France's economy.. or Britain's.. maybe Venezuela's?

It is so rich listening to people living in the most prosperous nation on Earth, with the lowest unemployment in the world, complaining about how the economy is in such bad shape.

Don't know what your second comment means.. lofty standards? Who said anything about making China the standard? How about simply acknowledging who the worst polluters actually are, instead of stupidly just blaming every problem in the world on the United States?

14. Nero

Nero Member

Have you ever bothered to compare the United States' actual record on pollution and emissions reductions versus, for example, those nations who actually signed onto Kyoto?

Didn't think so.

It's much easier to parrot than it is to think.

And maybe you can tell us all exactly how 'We' are supposed to 'lead' the rest of the world, when the world's two worst polluters - China and India - have categorically stated that they will NOT enact any kinds of controls which would interfere with their growth?

Oh I know - if we all get rid of our regular light bulbs and replace them with these little mercury pills instead, the rest of the world will admire us and feel warm and fuzzy about how 'nice' we are, and do what we do, and everyone will drive hybrid cars, and children will play on gumdrop mountains of happiness.

Or maybe instead, if 'the world' wants its pollution reduced, maybe 'the world' can turn their eyes away from trying to tear down the world's strongest economy and instead focus on the ACTUAL COUNTRIES WHO ARE THE WORST POLLUTERS.

It ain't that hard a concept, people.

15. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Have you ever bothered to respind to an actual post, rather than spouting your drivel? Isn't the President of the United States the "leader of the free world"? Why shouldn't we lead by example on this subject?

Just like a neocon...all you want to do is point your finger and squawk. :rolleyes:

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I love it when Nero gets all worked up about the communists.

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

"Yea! We're slightly less polluting than a country with 3 times the people. No need to change anything or to take it serioulsy!"

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

how are we per capita, china does have like a bil and half population

19. Nuclear Yak

Nuclear Yak Member

[​IMG]

You do the math

20. Nero

Nero Member

Ok, so I guess the answer is no, you haven't ever bothered to check the actual success rates. Ok, whatever.

Also, um, I am not seeing anything in the Constitution about the President of the United States also somehow being the 'leader of the free world', which is a title which carries as much weight as 'America's Team', or 'The Ultimate Driving Machine'. It's meaningless. What, you think Obama will be able to 'lead' China and India to curb their exploding national growths and pollute less, because he asks nicely? Lead by example? What does that mean anyway? You think those two countries give one rat's rear end what kind of 'example' we set?

Oh and thanks, I love the irony of someone name-calling, squawking and pointing fingers while accusing someone of squawking and pointing fingers.

Oh, one last thing - what exactly is a 'neocon'? I know what a Conservative is, because I am one, but I have no idea what you think you mean when you use the word 'neocon', beyond repeating vaguely disparaging buzzwords picked up from all the other cool kids.