1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goodbye Carl Landry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 18, 2010.

1. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I will forever hate Tracy for this.

2. Drunk_Goat

Drunk_Goat Member

I'll always remember the block and steal in the 2008 playoffs against the Jazz to win the game. Carl Landry you'll be missed here.

3. mi0304

mi0304 Member

GIMMIE THAT

4. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

That's not Landry's twitter, but anyways...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CARLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

5. RocketsFan09

RocketsFan09 Member

Carl Landry truly exemplified the Rockets' character for this season. He gave it his all, including his three front teeth, in order to compete for this team. I hope that when he becomes an unrestricted free agent after this season, we can sign him back!

We'll miss you Carl, I hope you have a long and hall of fame worthy career. I hope you end up in clutch city again soon.

6. acjeitherocket

this fukin sucks....... :mad: :eek: :(

7. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

I'm really not liking how people are suddenly now bashing Carl just to justify the Martin trade. People are just now saying he's overrated when they were the ones who were praising him all season. Well you know what, I think they're overrating this Martin guy. There's no way you can tell me that Martin brings more to the table than Landry. Landry scores and rebounds, what the hell does Martin do besides score? Carl > Martin.

IMO, we got robbed.

8. rox81

rox81 Member

Who else has a Carl Landry jersey, and what are they going to do with it?

I shoulda worn mine to the Jazz game two nights ago. Never realized it'd be my last chance to wear it!

No way I'm getting a K-Mart jersey yet. He has to earn it, with his two (or five?) front teeth, the way Landry did.

That being said, I'm hopeful K-Mart and AB will prove a devastatingly quick combo that no one will figure out how to defense.

Farewell, Sir Carl. We bid thee well....

9. baldeagle40

baldeagle40 Member

WTF!

Carl, good luck and we will miss you!!!!

10. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

This is truly sad that we'll be losing Mandry, but best of luck to him. He's going to be putting up some major numbers for Sacromento (which he deserves).

Still which it was Scola. :(

11. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

I'm going to miss him. He had become my favorite player, and I really loved what he brought to our team. :(

12. Drunk_Goat

Drunk_Goat Member

I still have a kings ron artest jersey. How do you think i feel, man. It's now the most random jersey ever that i never wear.

Also my dad has a Greek Spanoulis jersey, but i just think thats awesome.

13. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I think I created this after his return after the gun shot.

Doesn't make sense now, but since this is a tribute thread...

[​IMG]

You'll be missed, bud.

14. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

I'll miss you, Carl.

Good luck in your career post-Rox.

15. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I love Landry (pause). I have a Landry jersey that's 2 years old.

That said, I don't think he's an All-Star talent like many are pegging him to be. All-Star talents score in the double-team and continue producing, but Landry has been struggling mightily ever since teams begun sending the double-team at him. He's turned it over a lot (see: Utah game against Millsap, and that wasn't even a double) and his outside shot seems to have stopped going it. I think his value right now is as high as it's going to be.

That being said, again, I love Landry (pause). I didn't want to see him go, especially not for an injury-prone scorer on a bad team. Perhaps Martin won't get injured and I'll warm up to him, but I'm dubious as to whether he was worth Landry, despite Landry's obvious struggles to reach the next level (defensively and through the double-teams).

16. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

I will really miss Carl Landry....

I would of kept Landry and sent Luis "the turn over machine" to SAC....

O well.....

Hopefully CL has a breakout 2nd half and gets a really nice contract...

17. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

This shyt sucks....I am at work and I feel weak just thinking about this crap. . So we pick up another consistantly injured guy. You trade landry for guy who's bones is made out of styrofoam?....seriously morey....wtf, I had faith at first, but my faith has been shaken

18. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

Ps......Why, why not scola.....I just wasnt ready for this

19. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

im at school and this effin sux! im gonna throw a tantrum at my teacher in my next class... im really gona miss landry... i just hope this trade really was worth it

20. bushwickbillyd

bushwickbillyd Contributing Member

Definitely miss Carl!