1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good take on Kobe Bryant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by clippy, Mar 13, 2011.

1. jlwee

jlwee Member

Kobe delivered? Muck like Kobe has great teammates!

Answer me this: Where have kobe led the lakers to without Gasol?
    Do you seriously think if Kobe were Cavs last season, he could led Cavs over the Celtics? Just tell the truth.

Lebron has great teammates(TWO) this season, we will see how far can the Heat go. Honestly I believe Celtics and Bulls will beat the Heat in the playoffs then you can enjoy your moment!

2. ApuN

ApuN Member

Correctemundo

Kobe was exposed in '05 and '06 when he ran Shaq off

When he finally got "to be the man" it was revealed that all he did was chuck a bunch of shots.

Thats why he was in the lottery and bounced outta the first round those years.

He proceeded in '07 to demand to get "help" and you had one of the most ridicuous trades in history -- and then he wins rings

Look the guy is a great player and should be in the hall--but the level of butt worship this guy gets is ridiculous when all it really was about was him starting with the most dominant center of his time and then forcing a lopsided trade

3. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

lebron's also 6 years younger than kobe. i wouldn't bet against him having a better resume than kobe after all is said and done.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

clippy, give it a rest.

You have some sort of disturbing obsession with Kobe Bryant. It's well documented that you think he's overrated and that much of his success can be attributed to Shaq and Pau, so next time refrain from polluting the board with this garbage and keep it for your own sexual pleasure.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

AI is an example of an overrated POS. I don't even think he's a gifted scorer, he's like a r****ded Rafer Alston with athleticism who flops even more than KM.

With Kobe, he has indeed become overrated but his decline was caused by injuries, and not because he was overrated to begin with. He started playing since he was in his teens, and all those miles and games have cause all sorts of injuries which slowed him down. His shooting becomes worse year after year, and that's because his pinkie's injured. While it is true that he has benefited from having great big men and one of the best coaches ever, no wing can do anything without a prime big man, LBJ and MJ exempted.

The only thing he's overrated imho is people think 5 rings are close to MJ's 6 rings, while the truth there's a world of difference between how they got their rings.

7. showtang043

showtang043 Member

Your argumenet is flawed because you aren't and can't compare apples with apples in basketball. The game is about cohesion, and different skillsets compliment other strengths and weaknesses of different players.

For the record, before that trade for Gasol, Lakers were number 1 in the west with a not so great team. Gasol had never led his grizzlies out of the first round and was never considered a great first option, and all of a sudden he is the savior and reason kobe is winning or is it the other way around?

As far lebron and his teammates, he goes to a team with 2 stars this year and it is understandable his points will go down, but his field goals, free throws, steals, blocks, assists ALL go down and turnovers went up? I thought it would be much easier and htey said he had to shoulder so much load that if he had decent leads they would kill the league and he would average a triple double easily. The fact is that his team has a worse record than his Cavs team which didn't have great individual players, but the coach's system and player's skillsets complimented lebron and gave him room to work and dominate the ball which put up great stats.

To people trying to compare flat out one or the other, don't know hoops and how offensive systems produce and can inflate certain statistics. To those who say kobe is not a good passer over look that he plays in an equal opportunity offense where even MJ never averaged over 7 assists(he averaged over 8 in a season before phil took over). So different skill sets, systems, personell all lead to different stats, so when you try to compare one to the other, its just flawed logic.

There is a reason that every year the player poll(from the guys who go to battle with and against) rate carmello and kobe as the most feared and capable offensive players. The PER stats and espn mumbo jumbo might not say it, but it can only state so much and doesn't measure the capability and skillset on why the teams constantly goto these players and what the value of the double team and attention on them creates on allowing their team to function.

I think Lebron james is the most physically gifted and athletic player in the league as well as the best Fantasy Basketball player for stats.

If I want to win a title, I take kobe, and i think he has lost a step as he is 33 so naturally he can not dominate like he did a few years ago.

I take carmelo as the hardest player to guard in the league(players will support this, but PER and stats once again will say he is a chucker who is inefficient)

TimmyD is the most fundamental and sound player and a gift if you get him in your franchise although he is old now.

If i had to start a franchise, I go with Dhoward or Derick Rose since pg and Centers are the easiest to build around and most crucial/influential positions.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

After looking at the youtube title I didn't even bother to listen.

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

Kobe stans are annoying but his haters are even more annoying.

I did say haters not critics there is a big difference between the two.

10. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8smCEiXVhOk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Outscored whole Dallas team through 3 as well

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FeXZY4eVLlo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh yeah 4 straight 50+ point games in which two of them were 60+

11. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

12. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

As much as I've criticized and critiqued Kobe's game, he's undeniably an all-time great, and arguably the best player of his generation.

He's only overrated by those who compare him to MJ. NOBODY compares to MJ (at SG, anyway).

#32 dharocks, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  13. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Lol. THIS

14. clos4life

clos4life Member

I happen to agree with this. Kobe is an all-time great, without a doubt. However, Jordan was a 30.1 PPG career average (31.5 with just the Bulls) and a 50% career FG percentage.

Kobe is great, but he is nowhere near Jordan with those two numbers. He currently stands at 25.2 PPG career average (bound to go down as he ages) and a 45% career FG percentage.

Now, imagine if Jordan had not gone to college but went straight to the NBA like Kobe and never retired those two times. He would be without a doubt the NBA scoring leader of all time (which he is not). Mind you, he also averaged an extra rebound per game (6.2 vs. 5.2) and half an assist extra than Kobe currently has. (5.3 vs. 4.8).

If I had to take either there is no doubt I would have taken Jordan over Kobe. That being said, Kobe is an all time great. Just not the GOAT.

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

LOL, so true!

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Hey Clippy. Clippers <<<<<<<<< Lakers. I hate the Lakers, but this new tough guy routine that all the Clippers are inheriting is getting hilarious. Once Blake Griffin gets a chance to leave to some other city you guys are screwed.

Please. This is ridiculous. I hate Kobe as much as the next guy, but overrated? HAHAHA.

17. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

All of Jordan's accomplishments were done on generally good teams and in an era where you could hand-check perimeter players. Kobe's achievements, while great, are not on Jordan's level.

18. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

No one can lead Kwame to championship. Why is that a question? MJ didn't get anywhere without Grant and Rodman, hell, MJ didn't get anywhere with Oakley, the rebounding champion. Was that a taint to his career?

19. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Lebron ZERO finals wins!!

and guess what??? says he wins one with the Heat.

"He will never have won without D.Wade"

this works for any player

20. JimRaynor55

JimRaynor55 Member

I don't know how anyone can argue that Kobe's not overrated, when talk of him as MJ's equal isn't immediately dismissed with laughter. Great player? Yes. Even Kobe's critics will say that he's a very god player. The best ever though Far from it.

He gets a lot of credit for team success (with other All-Stars), he's named to the All-Defensive team every year because of his fame and offensive skills, and he has enjoyed a reputation for being clutch despite shooting poorly in game-winning situations for years and years.