1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Shai vs. Luka as the Mavericks try to even the series in OKC. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Good rookies are vital

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by terse, Jul 18, 2006.

1. terse

terse Member

*cough* Tim Duncan *cough*. He hasn't scored 20,000 points yet, but is there any doubt that he will? He has almost 15,000 already.

2. terse

terse Member

Forget my previous post. I missed the other conditions: 4000 assists, etc.

To Stupidmoniker: so what? If these super PFs were as common as significant rookies, you might have point. But they are not.

3. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The point is you can come up with statistics to prove anything, terse, 14% of people know that. Just as having one of the best all time power forwards on your team doesn't prevent you from winning a championship, not playing a rookie for 1,000 minutes doesn't prevent you from winning a championship. If the Lakers had traded for Kobe in his second year, would they then not have won three titles? If the Celtics had played McHale only 999 minutes in his rookie campaign, would that dynasty never have begun. You have discovered a trivial bit of statistical information. It is just as true as the one I provided, and just as meaningless.

4. peterlake144

peterlake144 Member

I might have a point? Gosh I hope not because I was trying to come up with something bogus...