1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good night, and wake me up when the lottery is here...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, Mar 2, 2006.

1. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

This Philly game is the pivotal game that the Rockets don't afford to lose, and guess what, we lost! We will not make to the playoffs. This season is over, and it's time to play for the lottery.

This is NOT a knee jerking reaction from me. The Suns game was a game that we could afford to lose without hurting our playoff chance too much. So I was still confident that we could make it after that debacle. However, this PHilly game is not. And now, unless we go on a miracle run to beat teams including Dallas and SAS, we will not make the playoffs. There are 24 games left, and we will have to go 19-5 to make the final record 44-38, and even that won't guarentee us a playoff spot. Guess what? We are not to win 19-5! That won't happen. This team is not good enough.

Shut Tmac down, if he's not healthy, or his head is not straight, make sure he is next season. Limit Yao's minutes. He will have the World Championship Games to play this offseason. If we keep him in heavy minutes from now to the end of the season, and he won't get any break this summer, he will get worn out for next season. Play Lampe, Fitch, Hayes, JLIII (sign him first), Head alot, and hope one of them turn into something useful for the long run.

Let's hope we get more ping pong balls to get a better INKNOWN commodity. Because the current KNOWN commodity we have, is not good enough for anything serious.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This is NOT a knee jerking reaction from me.
    _______

:confused:

3. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

i'm hoping for some INKNOWN commodity also! :D i still think rockets can make the playoffs!

4. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not to late......

the Spurs bandwagon leaves tomorrow at 8AM, so be sure to jump on before it is too late........

(however there is no return trip)

Sincerely,

Yao :p Tmac :p JVG :p CD :p Clutch

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The reality is that the team can still do it, but it is going to be VERY tough.

3 things need to happen.

1. Tmac needs to come out of his mental funk.
    2. Our shooters need to hit open shots
    3. Yao needs to maintain his play of late.

If that happens they can beat anyone, and will have to....

DD

6. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

true. just drive a about 200 miles and you'll be in a championship city. i rooted for the spurs last season when i was in san antonio.

7. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can see only 1 of those 3 realistically happening.

1. With 25 games to go, just don't see it ( he may just a need a good offseason with family to clear and fix everything)
    2. We actually need to sign some to our roster first, or at least not cut/trade them
    3. I believe this one will happen

8. DeAleck

DD, I enjoy your optimism. But again, we will NOT go 19-5. We are NOT good enough. Your hope WILL be dashed. And it WILL be a very, very long summer for each one of us. The faster we all realize this, the easier it will be for you and me.

BTW, I want to see our INKNOWN commodity. Oh, Yao in the World Championship Games might be exciting too... It might...

9. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Your pessimism sucks. I don't know why I even opened the thread. The season is NOT over. You are not a die-hard if you think it is. I don't wanna hear that I'm not being a realist. The realistic fact is that the Rockets aren't out of it yet. I always believe.

10. DeAleck

You are mixing pessimism with pragmatism and truism, my friend. Being a die-hard doesn't mean we all have to die hard. Let's shoot for next season, and live hard!

11. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Uhhhh yeah, being die-hard means...you die-hard...

Don't be such a p***y. So what if the chips are against the Rockets. Bring it, there is not much we can do now anyways. I'm sure Yao would leave the organization if we were to quit on this season, or any season, seeing as his work ethic is so damn good.

No way in hell T-Mac wants to be called a quitter, again.

T-Mac just had a good individual game, if he realizes that when he pushes like that and drives in like that, there is not much anyone can do to stop him, we'll have a great chance. Maybe he just figured it out, or maybe he's finally over whatever is bothering him, whatever. When he's making buckets on the inside, it gives him more confidence on the outside, the shots will start to fall. (as they did)

Yao is playing like a monster, hopefully he can keep it up the rest of the season.

All we need to worry about is our defensive intensity, which hasn't been there the past few games, and our role-player shooting, which hasn't been good the past 2 games.

I don't want to make it sound easy, because there will be no way in hell it will be, but...
    I believe. You, obviously, don't.

12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i hate this assinine definition of a "die-hard" or "true" fan. i love the rockets and they'll always be my team, but you know what, right now..... F*CK 'EM. if they're gonna lose games like this, against teams they have NO BUSINESS LOSING TO - AT HOME - then to hell with 'em.

13. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I think the problem is that this season is dorksided...

[​IMG]

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The problem is I have hope for #1 and #3, but #2 will not consistently happen with this group.

15. crums17

crums17 Contributing Member

Then piss off. San Antonio has as many fair weather fans as UT.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm not saying play for the lottery, but there is no point in hoping this team into the playoffs... they'll get demolished. We don't have the gunners from the outside like we did last year when we made our run. Without TMac at even 75-80%, this team is lost. He is the engine and his play is the only emotion that drives this team now that Sura is gone for the year. What we have is an inconsistent team, and inconsistent teams going into the playoffs don't win in the playoffs.

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I will not root for another Texas Team. If we are headed straight to the lotto so be it. Root for the Spurs...Dallas.... over my dead body. If the Rockets are not in the playoffs I am for any team that can beat the other two texas teams.

18. Toast

Toast Member

Sadly, that's exactly what I was thinking walking out of the stadium tonight. "Bye bye playoffs."

I mean I don't mind losing one to Phoenix. But when Philly comes to our house and we just give it away ... on a night when Yao pulls another 20 & 10m and TMac actually puts up good numbers too! MAJOR SIGH!

On a side note, anyone else notice after the paper writes a quick blurb about Stro Swift coming back from his ankle sprain, we still see a DNP - coach's decision next to his name?

19. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Playoffs or no, there is absolutely zero reason to shut down the season. Yao is playing the best ball of his life, and he didn't get that way by mailing games in. Even if we don't make the playoffs, now is the time to let Yao and T-mac gain some chemistry and confidence heading into next season.

We've won too many games in the past month to get a decent lottery chance anyway. And it would be pathetic if we started straight up tanking games for real.

Like I said, Yao is playing the best ball of his life. But with him it's always been a tenuous fight with consistency. He needs to finish this year strong in order to show that he really is making the leap to the next level. And with Mcgrady slumping lately, this team and the fans deserve at least the attempt to work T-mac back into his normal production. We deserve to see Yao and T-mac start playing at an extremely high level together. And they deserve to see how good they can be when they are both clicking on all cylinders.

At this point in the season, it's a lot more likely that Yao and T-mac finally start to click and really show what they are capable of, than getting a top 3 lottery pick (which last I checked had like a 1.7% chance of happening). It's too late to tank damnit.

20. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

The Rockets are making the playoffs.

Oh, and **** San Antonio.

Thank You...