1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good News on Trade Front

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xiki, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Sman2k10

Sman2k10 Member

Philly wants or wanted mac b/c of his contract mostly. they want to get rid of andre' s contract and go out do something big in the off season. Why can't we just do that. Morey will not let us down. But why can't we just try out mac one last time. we r going to let him walk anyway. so why not let him walk without talking any other contacts.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That's not true. Everyone on the rockets except yao is tradeable, does that mean we're trying to push any of them out? It's not the same thing.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

they want to get rid of DALEMBERT and/or BRAND, not just iggy. Igyy could possibly be included if they get rid of one of the other two and get back good talent. At this point though they havent confirmed iggy is even available.

4. rwienert

rwienert Contributing Member

Dalembert and Brand both have contracts that give them negative trade value. No one wants to pay them what's written on their contract. In order for Philly to get rid of them, they will have to give up something of value. That might be Igoudala, or it might be a combination of their young prospects. In either case, no team is going to do a straight up salary swap.

You keep insisting that Philly would have to get back "good talent" if they make a deal. This simply isn't true. Go back to the Richard Jefferson deal. The Bucks let Jefferson go simply because they found someone who was willing to give up expiring deals to get him. The move wasn't about acquiring talent, it was about cutting payroll pure and simple.

Most teams don't care whether or not T-Mac has anything left. A handful also aren't that interested in clearing cap sapce. Their main motivation is to lower their payroll, and a large expiring contract swapped for long term overpaid players is the best way. For a team like Philly to convince another team to take over their bad contracts, they are the ones who will have to give up some "good talent".

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Thanks xiki and BimaThug, I enjoyed reading your posts.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Houston has reportedly already said no they will not take back or aquire Brand OR Dalembert in any deal, and rightfully so.

So it's either going to be Iguodala + young pieces or no deal at all.

7. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been saying that as well.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

good points about this team. who knows...maybe we will set our own model for winning. would be really cool to see since this team is so much fun to watch and cheer for.

i will say about morey "overvaluing" his players maybe he is the guy who is actually valuing them correctly (especially when you look at how cheap they are) considering how well they are playing. if we actually had a more normal schedule rather than 60% road games and insane strength of schedule we might actually have 3-4 more wins.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Leeb, you've outdone yourself. Now it's worth losing Scola and Lowry to get Dalembert! :p :grin:

(if I don't laugh, I'll cry... know what I mean?)

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Leeb would make a horrible GM, he would overlook production and just get guys that can jump through the roof and run well on the court.

Never mind that they don't know how to really play the game or be effective on the NBA court...nope that doesn't matter, can they jump and run...that is what is important on a Leeb team.

DD

11. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Well, to be fair, Lee was talking about sacrificing Scola and Lowry in order to pick up Andre, get the trading chip of Dalembert and getting some serviceable backups like Amir Johnson and Conroy. It's not absolutely insane if you think Andre is a difference maker with Yao going forward.

12. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

I wouldn't mind taking

Iggy + Brand + (Brezec or 2nd round pick)

for Tmac + Landry + Cook

Brand is overpaid...but the dude is efficient.

As for now the lineup would be

C: Brand/Anderson
    PF: Scola/Hayes
    SF:Battier/Ariza
    SG: Iggy/ CBud
    PG: Brooks/Lowry

Iggy doesn't need the ball to be good and Brand is that post force. With Yao back...our lineup is

C: Yao/Anderson
    PF: Brand/Scola
    SF: Battier/Ariza
    SG: Iggy/ CBud
    PG: Brooks/Lowry

I think that is a contender. Yes, we took Brand's huge contract but with Iggy and Brand with this squad...I don't think we will need to be players in the free agency besides another spot up shooter

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i thought it was reported as brand AND dalembert. wasn't it something like the rox would have to be knocked back with philly young talent if they were going to take brand OR dalembert?

either way if they still want to dump iggy's contract then we can take kapono off their hands too. still saves philly money and there is no trade kicker. they also have willie green. him and kapono make 10.6 mil in 2010-11. a little less than sammy's 12.2 and i think no trade kickers for either. not as bad as the sammy contract and they are more tradeable pieces as expirings in 2010-11. and i guess if they want to throw in speights we'll take him ;)

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Jefferson isn't the equvalent of iggy here. Iggy is to philly what redd is to the bucks. Jefferson is more like Brand,not the same thing. What fans here are expecting is something similar to Milwaukee trading jefferson AND redd for what the spurs gave up, which was not much talent wise. Not gonna happen. We can get away with getting Brand or dalembert for nothing, but they won't give up brand/dalembert +iggy for nothing.

And again, they're not trading iggy by himself, it's the same as the caron situation, if iggy is included it would be as bait. The difference is at this point it has been sort of confirmed that butler is bait, but nothing hs been said about iggy. (other than houston wants him).

15. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Brand is done and has one of the worst contracts in the NBA. You don't give up Landry for him. No way.

16. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

We will have to give up Lowry or Landry

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I understood that. I might argue the "not absolutely insane" part. ;)

18. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Brand is done???

I'll admit he has a huge contract, but he is still efficient and can contribute. You make the assumption that we are giving Landry to get him....WRONG

Philly will not give Iggy without getting more than TMAC. You dreamers out there need to realize TMAC will not land us Iggy. Tmac plus either Lowry or Landry MIGHT.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

No, it was they would have to be "knocked over" with young talent to trade McGrady to Philly.

So again, it's Iguodala and other young talent or no trade at all. Looks like they already came out clear and said we dont want Brand or Dalembert

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

then it's almost pointless for philly. The point of getting tmac's expiring is so they can pretty much max out on a big name or two smaller ones this summer. I dont think that would be possible if they can't get rid of brand or dalembert as well. I'm not sure why some think they are in such a hurry to get rid of iggy, he's not really overpaid, in a few years he'll still be making less than 16. It's brand and dalembert who are highly overpriced. Whatver they can get for Iggy may not mean much if they still have those other two.