1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good news: Lohan is eating again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Faos, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Faos

Faos Member

[​IMG]

LINDSAY LOHAN ON EATING DISORDERS, DRUGS, AND BEING A ROLE MODEL

Lindsay Lohan admits to Vanity Fair contributing editor Evgenia Peretz that at one point she began using drugs "a little," but adds quickly, "I've gotten that out of my system." Lohan also tells Peretz, "I was making myself sick," referring to her bulimia. In the extensive interview in the February issue of Vanity Fair (on newsstands in New York and L.A. on January 4 and nationally January 10), Lohan talks about her violent father, her near self-destruction and emotional breakthrough, and about a film she wants to write about a girl growing up in Hollywood and "how crazy a person can go. But, at the same time, how much they can change."

Lohan tells Peretz that when she was especially skinny, Tina Fey and Lorne Michaels "sat me down, literally before I was going to do [Saturday Night Live], and they said, 'You need to take care of yourself. We care about you too much, and we've seen too many people do this, and you're talented,' and I just started bawling. I knew I had a problem and I couldn't admit it.… I saw that S.N.L. after I did it. My arms were disgusting. I had no arms."

Lohan blames herself for the breakup with That '70s Show actor Wilmer Valderrama, saying that when it came to dealing with the pain of her parents' situation, she'd turn to Valderrama, wanting to be with him "every five seconds" because "I didn't have anyone to go to." The pair were living together at the time and, at 24 years old, he couldn't handle it, she says. "I'm ruining this relationship with this guy that I think is my first love," she remembers thinking. "I'm ruining it because I'm taking everything out on him."

Lohan tells Peretz that she's attracted to older men, and that she prefers "the rock-star kind of people.… I'm obsessed with Johnny Depp. Oh my God, because he's dark and cool and edgy and … dirty," she says. When asked about Jared Leto, all she will say is: "We're great friends."

Lohan explains her two-week hospitalization to Peretz, saying, "I started to get really bad head pains … I was shaking in my trailer. I got a fever of 102 and they were like, 'You need to go to the hospital.' I was like, 'No, I'm not going to the hospital.' I was sick. Everyone was scared. And I was scared, too. I had people sit me down and say, 'You're going to die if you don't take care of yourself.'" Lohan tells Peretz that her liver was swollen, she had a kidney infection, and her white blood cells were accelerated.

Lohan tells Peretz about the night she wrote her very personal song "Confessions of a Broken Heart," saying, "I started writing the song and I literally had a breakdown in the hotel room, went to my publicist's hotel room and sat there and just cried and started calling the Nassau County jail. Next thing you know I'm on the phone with a guard. I'm like, 'My father's in there—you need to put me on the phone with him!' I was like, 'this is not right. I'm Lindsay Lohan, Michael Lohan's daughter.'" Mr. Lohan, in an open letter to Lindsay through Vanity Fair, writes: "Not a day goes by that I don't think about the words to your song.… They've been reminders to me to examine my conscience and re-evaluate my life."

"It's a therapy," Lohan says of her song, and the video, which had to be toned down for MTV. "It's like the best acting that I've ever been able to do is in this video. I freak out and just kind of go with it and create my own scene.… It's offensive and I want it to be. I'm saying, Dad's what I needed: I was seeking your comfort and I didn't have it." Tommy Mottola calls the song "one of the best I've heard in my career."

At the time of her press tour for Herbie: Fully Loaded, Lohan tells Peretz that she was going through a phase of wanting to be with her family. Recalls Lohan, "I was like, 'I'm coming home, I'm quitting this press tour.… I don't care if I never work again. I need to be with my family.'"

Lohan is not shy, reports Peretz, and says that she makes her own choices in life. "A lot of people that are my age are sheltered, especially in the industry, and [publicists, managers, and executives] want them to have this O.K. image. I don't have that," she says. "All my decisions are things that I make."

"I want to do things that make me feel good," she says, "and work with charities and see the positive side of things. With the position that I've kind of come into I'm in a place where I can really make an impact on people and really help girls that are, you know, people with anorexia, people that aren't in good relationships with their lovers … people that don't get along with their parents. I can change that a little bit."

Vanity Fair link

2. glad_ken

glad_ken Member

19 year old multimillionaire.... So many problems.... Can afford to eat whatever she wants, whenever she wants, yet chooses to starve.

3. MadMax

MadMax Member

edit....

i read the article..sounds like she's finding things that are true. good for her.

#3 MadMax, Jan 5, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  4. Uprising

Uprising Member

She finally decided to take my advice. I told her we wouldn't do it until she added some weight.

5. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

Some of you might think that this is limited to 'Hollywood' life, but this problem with young girls/women striving to look like a 'covergirl' is much more pervasive in our society than we might think.

This issue needs to be dealt with, but it won't until society itself takes a look in the mirror and understand what's driving these girls to behave in such a manner.

EDIT: OK sorry, I just realized this is not D&D, so ignore me. :)

6. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Ohhhh, oh, oh, oh, ohhh.
    It must have been cold there in my shadow,
    to never have sunlight on your face.
    You were content to let me shine, that's your way.
    You always walked a step behind.

So I was the one with all the glory,
    while you were the one with all the strength.
    A beautiful face without a name for so long.
    A beautiful smile to hide the pain.

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
    and everything I would like to be?
    I can fly higher than an eagle,
    for you are the wind beneath my wings.

It might have appeared to go unnoticed,
    but I've got it all here in my heart.
    I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it.
    I would be nothing without you.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?
    You're everything I wish I could be.
    I could fly higher than an eagle,
    for you are the wind beneath my wings.

Did I ever tell you you're my hero?
    You're everything, everything I wish I could be.
    Oh, and I, I could fly higher than an eagle,
    for you are the wind beneath my wings,
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

Oh, the wind beneath my wings.
    You, you, you, you are the wind beneath my wings.
    Fly, fly, fly away. You let me fly so high.
    Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings.
    Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings.

Fly, fly, fly high against the sky,
    so high I almost touch the sky.
    Thank you, thank you,
    thank God for you, the wind beneath my wings.

7. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

That's a shame.

However...
    [​IMG]

8. Nolen

Nolen Member

Back when she was healthy, how many losers in here were calling her a cow?

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

The plot thickens... she could be "fattening up" significantly real soon.

http://www.teenhollywood.com/d.asp?r=114339&c=1055

"Troubled teen star Lindsay Lohan has sparked rumours she is pregnant after a friend was photographed delivering a pregnancy testing kit to her hospital bedside.

The Herbie: Fully Loaded beauty was admitted to a Miami, Florida, hospital on Monday after suffering a massive asthma attack which broke a blood vessel in her neck.

According to PageSix.com, the 19-year-old - who has recently been romantically linked to Scarlett Johansson's ex Jared Leto - took delivery of a clear plastic bag from a girl pal which was seen to contain a pregnancy test in addition to playing cards, mouthwash, Coca-Cola and a box of Cocoa Puffs."

I mean, Cocoa Puffs? That can't be healthy.

10. vwiggin

vwiggin Member

Not me. I like 'em skinny chicks but I also enjoy a full figured woman!

11. Mr. Brightside

I never called her a cow. But I think she could have looked better if she lost like 10-15 lbs instead of 50-60 lbs.

12. Samar

Samar Member

I hate you all for driving her to this. She was hot....now shes just a skinny crack addict. :mad:

13. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

What are you saying? Don't you remember the SNL Harry Potter threads? She was considered a goddess back then, don't try blaming it on us calling her fat.

14. Davidoff

Davidoff Member

Glad she is trying to fix things, but damn it drives me nuts when younger girls say "LIKE" so much..

15. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

An asthmatic who smokes, very intelligent...

16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Member
    Supporting Member

For the longest time, she had an eating disorder and she didn't know why. Now she knows...she was just cuckoo for Coco Puffs.

17. droxford

droxford Member

It's all part of the formula.

When Disney (or other big companies) wants to build a synthetic female pop star, the formula calls for the girl to have an eating disorder and substance addiction.

By doing this, they keep the pop star's image from dying in the media and the pop star gets sympathy from fans. This sets up the pop star's "breakout" or "comeback" performace in a movie or music performance, in an attempt to re-launch the pop star and prevent their bubblegum image from completely vanishing overnight.

(note: Hilary Duff is going through the formula right now)

18. Drewdog

Drewdog Member

Thank God.

Now she can grow her zoomers back to a D cup.

19. Elle Woods

Elle Woods Member

Lol, I was waiting for this reply. :p

20. macalu

macalu Member

wow, from Scarleet Johansson to Lindsay Lohan, that's a serious downgrade.