1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good home team, still not many fans...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HadToDoItCF, Feb 22, 2012.

1. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

We have the 6th best home record in the league at present, and we still are losing to the Milwaukee Bucks in attendance. Will it take more wins overall (home and road) to draw fans? If so, what record do you think will draw 17,000+ fans every night, regardless of team (notwithstanding the Bobcats, etc.) and day? It just doesn't seem like we as a fanbase care much about the fact that the team comes to play at home and puts on a pretty good showing for the home crowd.

I've been to a few games this year, and I can't make it every night, but I do plan on making at least a few more later on in the year. Team has won every night I've gone minus the OKC game early in the year, but it has been exciting every time. Regardless of all that, I've been disappointed in attendance all year, and I know a lot of people on here have voiced the same thing. I just wonder what record it will take to reverse the trend.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

have a star or two on the team....make some noise in the playoffs....make said playoffs first.....

This is a football town.....Astros and Rockets will only get fans in the seats when they are a winning franchise.....with an identity.

3. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Even during the 2008-2009 season the Rockets attendance was in the middle

They'll never show up consistently for regular season games. That's just the nature of the beast.

4. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

In such a large market it seems mind boggling that people wouldn't turn out for a winner... It's not football or baseball season, and it just seems that we're ridiculously low in attendance (26th) for our play at home.

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

fair weather fans.

6. HombreDeHierro

people infatuated with mainstream superstars willing to belittle the home team for lack of one

despite the home team's winning record and overall team play

people are pathetic

7. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

People just don't like spending money on a average team and I don't blame them. Rockets games are not cheap. The product does not equal the price.

1 person likes this.
  8. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Where are you sitting and what are you buying? I don't spend more than I would spend at any bar downtown for a night out, in fact I probably spend less. Now if you want to bring your entire family, sit lower deck in good seats, buy 8 beers, and Rox apparel I guess I see that adding up to a ton. I just go to watch the game with a friend, maybe have a beer or three and enjoy myself without spending a ton.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You can get $20 tickets for less than $10. Ask MadMax

They've had more incentives and value packs this year than any year I can remember.

10. aznhowie20

aznhowie20 Member

You can get cheap tickets, but when you are sitting up there in the nose bleed sections looking down at all the empty seats, you feel like crap. Atleast I do. :(

11. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Ditto,

I love Flash Seats

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't think it helps that fans are perpetually hearing trade rumors involving pretty much every important player on the team.

If the front office isn't standing behind the current players, why should the fans?

1 person likes this.
  13. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

The price isn't necessary the issue. 10 dollars a seat isn't that bad. If that was the case then nobody wouldnt be going to Texans games. The biggest issue with the attendance is the fact that we don't have a superstar. (some of you guys already pointed that out.) I still go to the games though regardless if we suck or do not suck. I fully expect the attendance to go if we are still in the playoff chase though. Not to mention we still have to play the Lakers, Mavs and Clippers at home so those games will automactically be a sellout like the Thunder games were. Bottom line is that we need a superstar.

14. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

^ this

I went to the last OKC game and thank god they won I must have spent about $30 just on food and 1 beer that's not including ticket prices and parking not to mention I had to miss a whole half quarter just waiting in line because if I would have waited to halftime I might not have seen the second half not the mention the terrible location in which they put the toyota center to much contruction going on down town it ok once in a while for a good game but really I would have been really pissed had the rockets not won that game... Besides the food isn't even that great either.... Its much easier to buy a six pack or a hard liquer of my chosing and kick back and watch at home no traffic, better food, and a much closer look at the RPD

15. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

We just don't have an entertaining team unless you are a true Rockets fan. Check out the TV schedule. We are the best team out there with 0 tv appearances.

It's ironic that I believe Les didn't want to rebuild because of low attendance $$$ and yet if they would have rebuilt by trading the old (27+) players and playing the scrapy young players they would most likely would have kept Lin which would have brought in more fans.

#15 ArtV, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  16. justinh

justinh Member

I went to the TWolves game last Fri. I was sitting at the end of my row. I literally got up 25+ times to allow people (mainly kids) to pass back and forth because they didnt want to sit still and watch and the game. Also, people in my section were constantly arriving late. As late as 2 mins left in the 3rd quarter. wtf? Also, when they had the wounded warriors come out onto the court and the majority of the crowd stood and applauded, 3 full rows of people in front of me stayed in their seats and did not applaud. add in the fact that we lost (cause kevin love rammed it down our throat), and it was a terrible experience. i know i will goto more games in the future, but if its anything like that, i wont want to.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

We need a star from the draft.
    Look at Cleveland. They suck but they have Kyrie Irving so they draw some attention.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

People who complain about parking get on my nerves. I haven't paid more than $5 to park (in a parking garage too) all season long. People are just too lazy to walk more than 1 block.

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Give us Gasol, Stern.

I'll come to games then.

20. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I watched the Duncan and Parkerless Spurs get blown out by 40 last night on NBAtv. They are boring enough with those 2 in. The Rockets not being on TV has nothing to do with them not being entertaining.