1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good Hang Out Spots in Houston (Late Night)?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Antec, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Antec

Antec Member

Hey guys just wondering what are some good hang out spots/bars/dance clubs to go to in houston?

I know people generally say stuff like midtown, rice village, washington, montrose...but thats more like area. I was wondering what are some specific bars or clubs in those areas that maybe some people in houston can recommend.

2. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Coco loco still open?

3. jae713

jae713 Member

Kung Fu on Washington is pretty tight.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

One of my favorite spots in Houston is Etro. It's a real chill laid back environment with good music. It's also right next door to Anvil, if you're into craft cocktails.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We need to hang out. Yeah Etro is a classier albeit not too classy version of numbers. Same great 80's music and cheap booze.

BTW, don't park on California :cool:

Poison Girl and and Hay Merchant are my mainstays right now. Boondocks was cool for a while but I find myself bored most of the time.

If you like 20 something yuppies who talk about their dad's boat and enjoy paying $5 for Bud light as well as $15 to park by all means go to this place.

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Kung Fu is also 90% dudes.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

9. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I hate Kung Fu and Washington in general. Especially Rebels. That place is so racist and the bouncers assaulted my friend (who was completely sober and was not being aggressive at all) and knocked his teeth out. So yeah, don't go to Rebels.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Whatever new place "El Hitman" is opening. BONUS: wherever Honey Badger works. :eek:

SRSLY speaking, though: what area of town?
    Also, do you like dancing, drinking, dancing and drinking, dancing and eating, eating and drinking, drinking and eating and dancing, or just eating? :confused:

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Kung Fu = A bunch of dudes, loud music, Affliction shirts and poor service.
    Etro = Glorified Dungeons and Dragons costume party.
    Hay Merchant is laid back, good food, great beer selection, but kind of "meh" if you're looking to meet people.
    Poison Girl turned into a tourist bar I thought?

12. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Yep, Kung Fu is pretty racist. Bouncer wouldn't let asian friend in because he "had a black shirt on." We look at the patio and there's like 10 other dudes with black shirts on.

I will say the girls there are top notch though.

If you're not white, don't even bother with Rebels. Midtown seems to be where people are migrating to.

13. Outlier

Outlier Member

Drinkery or Woodrows in Midtown.

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

The ones i mentioned above are chill spots. If you want dance clubs, go to Wunderbar or Red door. They are both next to Drinkery in midtown.

Boondocks is good too. But the ones i mentioned are the best spots.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Roak on Sat night but it can be tough to get in. Saint Genevieve is laid back. Yard House at City Centre has a nice selection of beers. Celtic Gardens isn't too bad. Been there on a Sunday a couple of times. Hughes Hangar is a good spot esp on Sundays. There are a gazillion places you can drink at. It's about what you want to do specifically like Swoly asked.

I think a Austin bar/restaurant opened in Houston recently called Dogwood but haven't had a chance to check it out. The Creeks around town are laid back and have good food. Canyon Creek is the one I would recommend. Another decent place that's different than the norm is place called Prohibition in the Galleria.

Edit: There should be many threads on this subject. I think we had one not too long ago.

#15 sammy, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Kung fu pretty much lets anyone in that is probably why it is 90% dudes. I would certain places in midtown are much more racist.

17. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

ain't that oxymoron :)

18. VanityHalfBlack

19. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

House of Pies ;)

1 person likes this.
  20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Nope. Midtown is just not as "busy" as those spots on Washington. Woody's is fun on trivia night. Pub Fiction still has good bar food and Gloria's is fantastic if you like to meet girls.

I gave Washington a chance went my European cousins came to town for the All-star game and I regretted it. Just a bunch of douchebags and **** talking bouncers. Not to mention the swarm of cops waiting at every corner to pull someone over. I didn't encounter racism but then again I didn't stay too long.

If you like hanging out, drinking and playing pinball for less than $30 a night then holla at me, I'll be at Poision Girl.