1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gonzales: He did what?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by declan32001, Sep 1, 2008.

1. declan32001

declan32001 Member

2. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Gonzalez has been the single biggest disappointment of them all. When he got appointed AG I was very happy. I read a lot of his judicial opinions, and always thought he was an excellent jurist.

I do not know what happened to him.

3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

It's telling that his nickname is "Fredo," as in 'Fredo, the disappointing loser Corleone brother that had to be whacked by Michael in the Godfather.'

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

He already got the kiss of death like a year ago.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7AOOdU2bIN8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7AOOdU2bIN8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BTW, remember when Pacino could act without screaming his head off, good times.

5. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Ok, I've read The Godfather novel probably 10 times straight through. I've seen the movies (III included) more than I know.

But did "Fredo" betray Bush? I mean Alberto really fell on his sword for W. I expect he'll be taken care of better than even Libby (eventually). I feel badly for Scotty though.

6. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Obama wads. McCain folds.

7. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

I think it's less about betrayal and more about the incompetence and how the relationship ended. Fredo in the boat is one of the most powerful scenes in the history of cinema, and that's pretty much what Bush did to Gonzales.

8. declan32001

declan32001 Member

I completely get your point. But just because his nickname is "Fredo" I fail to understand how Alberto ever did anything to incur W's wrath (the initial analogy) and though I never would agree with Michael's final decision, Fredo did betray everyone and put the entire family at risk for the sake of his own ego.

I honestly would never believe that a Republican presidential candidate would do that (and I'm not, nor will ever be a Republican). But that analogy is tortued at best.