1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gone Gold

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Heath, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Heath

Heath Member

Yeah, thats right.

It has - haven just AIM'ed me the news.

Release date should still be the 28th.

2. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Awesome news. i cannot get into any Si Games sites at work because there is some goofy server problem. I pre-ordered a couple of weeks ago so I am ready for the release. Any word on the Gold Demo that was supposed to be released when the game went gold. I know one of the Marc's posted about it and confirmed that the demo would be released on the website before the game was released and around the time the game had gone gold.

CK

Also check the cm?? thread.

3. Heath

Heath Member

So I guess Friday at the earliest.

4. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

What the hell is the Gold business?

5. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

When the final version of a game is sent to be manufactured and burned to disks they call it "Gone Gold". Heath is referring to the recent announcement by SI Games that Championship Manager 4 (the soccer simulation we will be using) has "Gone Gold". I am sure that announcement is pleasing to most of Europe since the game has been delayed several times in the past couple of months.

6. Heath

Heath Member

Well, in fairness it has only been delayed once as SI usually don't give out release dates. So when they announced that feb date as a release date (have forgotten what date it was) they caved into the pressure of the boards. And when they then delayed it is was: It will be released in March. To be fair I didn't think they would make it when the game did not go gold last friday (SI usually have been releasing the gold demo two weeks prior to the game) but I guess they speeded up things not to get a 2nd delay. ;)

7. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah I was thinking the same thing over the weekend about another delay. I actually just looked at my order this motrnign to see if any status had changed. BTW I was not really upset at the delay. I would prefer to have a good game and wait a little bit longer.

8. Heath

Heath Member

Yeah, I agree. Quality prior to rushing it.

I think I would probably see the game in mid april as I'm waiting for it to hit the local stores, and not ordering it from UK. Btw - we're a couple in chat right now if you want to chat there instead. :)

9. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Gold demo is out. Get it here(warning the download is very slooooooowwwww).

http://www.sigames.com/download/official/CM 4/cm4_demo.zip

I will put it on my site(which should be much faster) sometimes tonight. I'll post that link here when I get it.

CK

10. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Woohoo, "Your Order has been invoiced and is being packed for shipment".

Hopefully this means I'll have the game in 10-12 days. And not have to haggle with trying to ge ta refund or my product.

WEll about 5 minutes after I posted this I got shipping confirmation :D:D:D

#10 Castor27, Mar 27, 2003
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2003
  11. Heath

Heath Member

Although it is being released tomorrow I have slim hopes that I will find it in a local store, but I guess I will go looking anyway so I can tell them to get their finger out. More importantly I should get the finger out myself, and get that order for a new computer in, so I can have everything in ship shape when the current season is over.

How is the patch report going at SI? or should I say enhancement pack? I guess I will have a looksie - the print option better be back ASAP.

12. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

So how goes the hunt??

13. Heath

Heath Member

Negative.

A lot of negative. I asked one place about the game, and they didnt know but they would be getting in new games in the beginning of April, and there is a hopefully a chance that they could get it in then.

14. Heath

Heath Member

There’s a host of new ideas that we haven’t even begun to mention yet; odds from the bookies before matches, the improved sound which heightens the illusion immeasurably, even the ‘club vs country’ debate has been included allowing you to set specific instructions for players on international duty! To talk about all of the new features would take considerable resources, and span this review into essay-sized proportions – suffice to say CM4 is everything you could want and rarely disappoints.

All you need to know is that SI didn’t mess up; the match engine adds a significant step to the CM series, the improved interaction extends the scope of the game into new areas, whilst the strategy essence that we all love hasn’t been sacrificed.
    Girlfriends across the country watch out – the best just got better…

15. Heath

Heath Member

Gone Home.

Now where is that damn new computer I ordered?