1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[golf] Watch Amen Corner live

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Faos, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

This will be almost as fun as watching the NCAA tourney while at work.

http://www.pgatour.com/story/9347190

Get ready for Amen Corner Live

March 30, 2006

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., and AUGUSTA, Ga. -- CBS SportsLine, a leading Internet sports media organization and part of CBS Digital Media, in conjunction with Masters.org, CBS Sports and Augusta National Golf Club Wednesday announced that there will be live streaming video from Amen Corner® for the 2006 Masters® Tournament from the majestic setting of Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Ga.

"Amen Corner Live" will be available at www.masters.org as well as cbs.sportsline.com and will be presented all four days of the 2006 Masters® Tournament, April 6-9. In total there will be approximately 22 hours of live video from Augusta National Golf Club.

Hosts for "Amen Corner Live" will be Masters® Tournament veterans Mike Hulbert and Phil Blackmar. Hulbert and Blackmar have combined to participate in six Masters® Tournaments.

The name Amen Corner refers to hole Nos. 11, 12 and 13. Amen Corner was first coined in a 1958 Sports Illustrated article by Herbert Warren Wind. Wind was searching for an appropriate name for the location where the critical action had taken place that year. He borrowed the name from an old jazz recording "Shouting at Amen Corner" by a band under the direction of Milton (Mezz) Mezzrow, a Chicago clarinetist. (Courtesy Masters.org)

The Masters®, the most renowned tournament in golf, will be broadcast on CBS for the 51st consecutive year, a record for the longest-running sporting event broadcast on one network. This year marks the 70th Masters® Tournament, one of the most highly-anticipated sporting events of the year. This spring finds Tiger Woods returning to Augusta to defend his title once again after becoming only the third person to win at least four Masters® Tournaments, joining Jack Nicklaus (6) and Arnold Palmer (4).

Schedule for Amen Corner Live
    Thursday, April 6: 10:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
    Friday, April 7: 10:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
    Saturday, April 8: 12:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.
    Sunday, April 9: 1:30 p.m. - 6 p.m.

* Start and end times are subject to change

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

They had the same thing last week on 16th hole at the Players Championship.

I think they said they had 40 microphones on the tee box and the green.

It was interesting to watch.

3. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

You mean 17th, the island green? I wish I would have seen that.

4. droxford

droxford Member

note to self..... set dvd recorder to record The Masters. I want all four rounds on dvd.

5. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

6. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

It says that it is off the air....

WTF??

7. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Works for me. :confused:

8. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Just refresh it. Tiger is on right now.

9. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I can watch the video just fine, but the weird thing is the left half of the the page keeps flashing like crazy. I'm not sure if it's a Firefox issue or not.

10. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Yeah, I meant 17.

I tried to watch the first round coverage of the NCAA tournament on cbs sportsline.com. For 2 days I was unable to watch a single game.

I sent them an email telling them how much I thought their NCAA coverage sucked. After that i was able to watch all the games online with no problems.

Now I get emails everyday with them asking me to watch this and that for free. I guess they do respond to emails.

11. droxford

droxford Member

I was able to dvd-record the first round that was re-broadcast at 7pm. Pretty disappointing that they didn't have footage of Vijay and tiger, though.