1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Golden State/New Orleans - Cautionary Tale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, Apr 23, 2015.

1. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Nicholas Cage........interesting

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

3. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Adjustments? Is this a trick question? Monty took Ryan Anderson out when he was hot and didn't make any "adjustments" as far as I could tell.

4. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

The more playoff experience the better. If the Pelicans can extends the series 1 or 2 games then it would be wonderful for Anthony Davis' growth

5. RESINator

RESINator Member

Exactly the point I was trying to make.

Just monty things...

6. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I agree with you about experience, but the Pelicans let the goldest of golden opportunities slip through their grasp.

If this were to be extended an extra game or 2, the Pelicans absolutely had to close out game 3. They didn't, thus sweep it is.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, NOLA lost a 20 pt lead based on coaching. I know that was just one of your jabs at McHale...as always. We aren't idiots here. We know you have an agenda.

You're an idiot. And very boring. You don't know anything about coaching. You're just a stupid fan who always looks to blame a coach...such a lazy and boring way to watch the game.

And good luck trying to foul a 3pt shooter when they are inbounding with 2 seconds left. You're going to send him to the line for 3 free throws more often than not. Rookie fan.

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I know y'all think you're being funny pretending OP's thought isn't still relevant -- but I don't see how it isn't. Twice tonight, the road team came in down 2-0 and punched the favored team right in the mouth. Twice tonight, the favored team kept their heads down and responded. That right there is enough of a message for me.

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Maybe they need some 2013 Rockets mojo.

10. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Yes you are correct. Rockets falling behind in double digits for 3.5 quarters should not be an option. Play game 3 as if it is the most important game at this point in the series..(because it is)

11. RESINator

RESINator Member

Lol... nice ad hominem. Is that all you can come up with?

There was close to 10 seconds left on the final play. They had 2 opportunities: first with curry then with speight. The Warriors had no TOs left and NO should have fouled on the rebound.

12. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

If anything, the Pelicans are showing that Golden State can be beaten and how to play them in the playoffs. Unfortunately the Pelicans lack playoff experience otherwise Golden State would be in trouble down 1 or 2 games already

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What have you come up with? That's the point here. You're the one bashing the coach. Just bashing coaches as usual. Very lazy way to analyze a 20pt 4th Q collapse.

Sometimes I wish I could explain away complex basketball situations with dribbling drivel, and still blather myself in self-wonderment,,,like you.

"ad hominem" lols. So you're one of those debating newbies who recently looked up the logical "fallacies" that are being used in internet memes, now. Glad you looked up ad hominem.

However, just because I attacked your intelligence doesn't mean you are right. That's a logical fallacy, too. Trust me. You don't know what you are talking about wrt NBA coaching. Best someone just flat out tells you that.

Oh, and btw: Why are you so convinced Monty didn't want to foul Speights on that rebound? Despite the collapse already happened.... You don't know that at all. Curry cannot be foul on that play....it's too risky.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

15. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Well, he and I were classmates in college after all.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I totally agree. Its incredibly relevant. The Mavs are going to come out guns blazing. They know this game is do or die, and this is an experienced, well coached team. The Rockets are going to need to be on their A game to win this game tonight.

Even last years series vs the Blazers is a cautionary tale. The Blazers took care of business in the Toyota center, and The Rockets were one miracle shot away from potentially winning in 7 games.

This will be the toughest game the Rockets play this year so far. Book it. You wont find a team more desperate to win than the Mavs will be tonight. If the Rockets can win tonight, I think game 4 will be much easier with the Mavs already mentally checking out.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Just come out guns blazing and shut down the Mavs bandwagon crowd in the 1st quarter. Seep the energy out of the building and we're good to go.

18. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

It's not the most important. Any particular game has equal importance.

19. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Hire a hit man to shoot their dogs. That'll zap all the energy from the team

20. adobo

adobo Member

Nail in the head