1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Golden State/New Orleans - Cautionary Tale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, Apr 23, 2015.

1. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Rebounds rebounds rebounds. Dominate the boards is key for any series. It's ridiculous how many consecutive second chance opportunities the Warriors have gotten in the 4th and on

2. RESINator

RESINator Member

They were down double digits going into the 4th and came out with a win.

LOL @ op

3. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I don't understand why they didn't put Asik in after GS got offensive rebounds after offensive rebounds.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

5. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice thread man NO lost :) lol

6. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Lol if the Mavericks give up a 20 point lead in the 4th and lose next game then I will give 50 bucks to the tip jar in OP's name.

7. RESINator

RESINator Member

Never go full Monty...

8. AvgJoe

They were down 20 pts going into the 4th. That is good for the 3rd largest come back in playoff history.

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Dark Horse is the new DeAleck.

10. AvgJoe

OP needs a threads for the Mavs. This is major jinx.

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

LOL - best post on the thread

12. RESINator

RESINator Member

Honestly that was some hideous coaching by Monty Williams.

Let this be a cautionary tale of what happens when you let a mediocre coach lead your team in the playoffs.

13. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

The Pelicans are a much tougher opponent than Dallas and Portland at this point in the season.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

Coaches don't blow 20pt leads in the 4th quarter. It was a complete choke job collapse. Nice turning this thread into a jab at McHale. You suck so bad. What a horrible playoff-time poster you are. sheesh. You McHale haters really need to go away.

15. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Thanks for the jinx

16. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

LMAO!

17. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I agree. These people don't even make assessments for themselves they just use what has been told to them from their friends, online posters, etc. At this point in McHales coaching career he is actually doing a good job. I've liked McHale but can get frustrated from time to time too. There is no justifiable reason to hate on McHale currently.

Haters need to start holding themselves accountable

18. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

As sweet as it would be for the Rockets to come back in the 4th like the Warriors did, they should understand that coming out focused from the get go is key to avoid that predicament late in the game.

Rockets have great veteran role players and 2 studs....and I believe the whole team is hungry to close it out.

19. RESINator

RESINator Member

Dude lay off McHale.

Monty effed up the final possession at the end of 4th giving Curry the opportunity to shoot a 3 instead of fouling. Can't just allow that regardless of if he makes it or misses. Thats the greatest choke of all. Did you see the adjustments Monty made in the game or are you just box score watching?

20. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

How does Monty Williams face his players and tell them that they can still be competitive in this series? Pelicans basically had a 20 point head start and lost.

I don't know what you can say to your team to make them even want to play basketball anymore for next game.

If I was Monty, I would not even say anything and just let Game 4 play out then offer my letter to resign and start new somewhere else. Management wanted him gone before he made the playoffs and losing this game isn't going to help his chances at retaining the job.