1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Golden State is fun to watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by houstontexans, Nov 20, 2015.

1. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

I had the chance to draft Curry 1st in my fantasy league, but couldn't stomach it and took Anthony Davis. That was game set and match.

He's special, no doubt. I am really curious how he would have done in the hand check era. I think he would have been beaten black and blue.

2. The Stig

The Stig Member

By some crazy miracle, Curry dropped and I snagged him with the 5th pick. Think everyone in my league is still upset over the Rockets' playoff run lol. Then I ended getting their core in the first 4 rounds... Might as well jump the Warriors wagon at this point.

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Don't watch them I hate Curry

4. Ranny

Ranny Member

Last year MVP race was close for sure who denies that is delusional, but today Curry is better than Harden and There are very few players that i would rather have today instead of Harden. Curry is definitely on top of the list, then Lebron, i think that is pretty much it

5. JamesC

JamesC Member

Curry is probably the best shooter I've ever seen, which is crazy because two years ago I would've said Ray Allen. He's easily my favorite non rocket to watch play.

6. dchoye

dchoye Member

There no denying Curry is exceptional.
    He hasnt lost a beat from last season.

Harden on the other hand.....

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

Curry has his priorities right, that's why he's ahead of Harden. It's just like real life: you have a friend who parties and smokes drugs vs a guy who does the right things to succeed. It's a no brainer who will be ahead. People just have to have the right character to begin with, and Curry has that foundation in Christ.

8. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Eventually, they're all going to get paid. Not sure the Warriors will be able to keep everybody together, unless they're willing to go deep into luxury tax.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The Warriors are lucky, their guys come off their rookie deals right when the cap jumps and in a time of unprecedented growth in their local economy - they will keep more togehter than you think (though tehy won't get hometown Spurs discounts, that was a once in a lifetime occurrence)

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This actually doesn't help the drafting team, because it's all about matching the suitors. It mainly helps the suitors apply more pressure to the drafting team. It's all relative to the salary cap, as GMs have forever argued with agents. GMs always argue, "You know I can't go higher, due to the cap." With a higher cap, the recruiting GMs now have more money, too.

In the end though, a title team should not care about hard-capping themselves. So it's all whether the owner wants to pay.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Fair enough - but I'd argue that the declien in the value of cap space over the last few years is probably a net benefit for the Warriors. Though, for ****s sake, somebody still took David Lee.

12. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

RealGM is usually pretty crappy but here is a decent analysis of Golden State that came out today.
    http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/239916/The-Epitome-Of-Positionless-Basketball
    They argue that Golden State's biggest weakness, size, is now irrelevant because of the NBA's current rules.

I have mixed feelings about this -- passing and shooting is fun to watch. But it is really strange how unequal the officiating is between the perimeter and the post. I don't think it's good for the NBA. The league is more interesting when the rules make a variety of strategies viable. But you can now count on one hand the number of players in the league that post up as a regular part of their team's offense.

13. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="440" height="285" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tpzpaUCIQFE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. freeze00up

freeze00up Member

Jeez are you even a rockets fan? Who cares about that ****, they are basketball players not pastors. Jordan ****ing gambled/smoked/partied and won 6 rings. Harden partying might be a problem, but it could be a whole host of other things too. I actually like ballers who party as long as they dont get in trouble with the law, its what I imagine as a perk of the NBA lifestyle.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Paul was insane in the first quarter.

Also, my damn is Harrison Barnes good. He's a rich mans Ariza at just 23 years old. The Warrior fans are in for such a threat over the next 5 years because his young their core is.

Curry - 27
    Thompson - 25
    Barnes - 23
    Green - 25
    Ezeli - 26

I mean can you believe the average age of the best team in the NBA has a core of just 25 years old?

16. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Errr, you lost me a bit there. I think it's important that Curry has focus and that's why he can maximize his talent. But a lot of non-Christians (namely one Hakeem Olajuwon) were able to do the same. I think you made a logical misstep along the way in conflating religiosity with on-court success.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Daymond Green is the key. And don't judge his impact by his numbers.

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I'm not so interested in some religious values I just want good basketball, for example Jordan talked a lot of **** and partied (way before social media so I wonder what it'd be like now) but he sure as well had it together on the court! I mean sure he's probably a better role model to kids (curry) but lately on the court he's been more than on fire... I'd say if he keeps this up and the team stays together definitely something special for GSW's fans... But obviously we'll see how well this keeps up or in playoffs when it matters. Players can sometimes just fall off, but I'm starting to think Curry isn't one of them.

I've also started contemplating watching more GSW, at least they're playing enjoyable bball, some of that **** the Rockets have been playing lately sucks, hopefully it gets better but... I've been watching the Rockets a long time and life is too short to stick with a team that sometimes appears to have players that don't realize offense and defense are both part of the game. I miss Hakeem so much more as the years go by.... He really put it all together, one of the few times 1 star won a championship by himself (obviously with shooters and max n co) and I know Drexler was there for the 2nd one but.. As enjoyable as last year's run was if they're going to phone it in like they won something then **** wasting time on this. I'm not quitting on the Rockets but they sure quit on their fans and the coach during this small sample size of games, but if it doesn't turn around then I can't blame people for wanting to watch basketball without constant iso....

19. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Yeah he is. He's the one that makes them great when people try to trap Curry on the screen.

He basically does it all game, he drives right after to force the action, passes it to the open man, defense scrambles, then the ball somehow finds a way back to curry for the 3, if not it's an alley-oop to Ezeli.

Wish we had a Center that could shoot 40% from 3, defend like a DPOY, and pass like a point guard....

20. Outlier

Outlier Member

Umm I wasn't saying only Christians find that focus, I just meant that it was his foundation. He himself has given a lot of the credit, if not all, to God. Watch his MVP speech. Obviously if another person was brought up right with good values, they would have the right priorities too.