1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Golden State gets its Boogie on (Cousins signs with Warriors)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jul 2, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As much as we hate them, they have a good Front Office and have it easy to attract stars due to their hardware.

We dun even have a WC title yet.

The Worriers are just better recruiters, they get it done secretly, no shouting out that they are obsessed with someone!

http://kwese.espn.com/nba/story/_/i...-golden-state-warriors-1-year-53-million-deal

[​IMG]

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i also don't believe you boogie.

c1utchfan925 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

All the mercenaries come around, when Houston wins it all though.

4. francis 4 prez

i said this several weeks ago. it would be such a great troll move. oh, the warriors winning is what y'all want? ok, then.

5. francis 4 prez

someone offered trevor ariza 15 million for one year. someone offered reddick 12M. ilyasova got 3 for 21. you can't throw a rock without hitting a terrible 1 year contract the lakers are throwing out. somebody offered boogie more than 5 million.

bballjunkie and TheFreak like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I get that Lebron could but others would rather have the money.

I think the new landscape are 1 year deals. Role players such as Ariza get their money and can go back to hunting for a title right afterwards.

Starlets can sign 1 year with a contender, chase their ring, and be the man on a mediocre team right afterwards.

I think there is only a percentage that is thinking like that.

Most role players/starlets are still after a long contract that pays them well.

7. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Obviously coming off his injury, there were massive question marks. But he was a four time All Star and was probably being offered Ariza, Redick type money and felt insulted. So he said, f__k it, rather just join Warriors for minimum than be offered role player money.

8. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Hahaha, what the hell is going on?

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

New orleans said they offered him more years and more money.

Who should I believe? The one that makes sense, or the one who wants to excuse the second weakest move of the century? hmmmmm.....

TheFreak, BigShasta and Yung-T like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Well that trade turned out to not be lopsided at all but point taken.This is just unfair. Not excited at all about the NBA. It's gotten boring

13. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I would be surprised if AD doesn't end up being a Celtic before the summer ends.

If AD is okay with playing under such a trash ownership then he's a bigger dumbass than the owners of the Pelicans.

I would absolutely HATE playing for the Pelicans. What a sorry excuse of a franchise. They couldn't even offer Boogie a $20mm contract for one season? His max is at what... 25 or 30? If he doesn't end up working out then move on... but at least give it another damn try. Don't just flat out give up on the man cause he suffered an extreme injury. Even if he becomes a 18/10 player that is still servicable! Worst case scenerio he becomes Derrick Rose, and you move on after one season.

I am nearly officially done with the NBA. This may very well be my last post on CF for a while. PLEASE MOREY!!!! **** these sorry ass teams who can't build winning teams around their stars. These teams are way too scared to take risks. The Thunder traded for Paul George who was destined to be a Laker for god's sake!! These teams are straight p***y. You can't win if you don't take risks. Not with the Warriors around.

I thought these teams would have looked at the Rockets and Morey with inspiration... trading for CP3.. taking the Warriors to 7. A freaking huge gamble. So close! You have AD and Boogie. And you give up on it?! Let go of Rajon Rondo for Elfrid Payton!??! Rather have Julius Randle instead of DEMARCUS COUSINS?

Are you kidding me? What a joke of a franchise. The city of New Orleans deserves better. They'd be better off if the Pelicans got relocated so they wouldn't have to worry about their sorry excuse of a basketball team. I remember going to a pre-season game a long time ago when AD was a rookie. An old NO couple was around. I told them they had someone very special, and to look forward to the future. Wow, was I wrong.

/rant /madAF

B-Bob, BigShasta and malakas like this.
  14. lionaire

lionaire Member

oogie boogie likes this.
  15. Raz

Raz Member

What's your source for that? Couldn't find anything.

16. malakas

malakas Member

BigShasta, Yung-T and Raz like this.
  17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

B-Bob likes this.
  18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

19. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

But...but, isn't MOREY the executive of the Year????

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe they call them reptilian champions next time.