1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Golden State gets its Boogie on (Cousins signs with Warriors)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jul 2, 2018.

1. SORF

SORF Member

Hmmm, right now I wonder what all the N.O. "Voodoo Fans" are plotting against the GS Warriors? This might actually be an amusing Warrior season to watch if the N.O. "V-Fans" are successful. :p:eek::D

Houstunna likes this.
  2. HookemHorns1250

I think I've vented just as much as the next guy with KD going to GS and what not. This move...while I hate it, I can't fault Cousins at all, nor would I call him heartless for doing so. He was coming off an injury, and I'm sure teams were lowballing him as they should. It wouldn't have been smart for Cousins to sign a 2-3 year deal for quite a 'bit less, when he could just go one year with a team, show he still has it (if he does) and hope his offers are -much- larger the next year.

Be honest...if you're Cousins and your offers are from some low level teams, and then the Warriors come along and offer you that, you'd go to GS. Not just because of the chance to win a championship, but GS can make him look extremely talented. He won't have to just post up non stop and it won't be as much of a burden on his previous injury. Again, I hate the move...but from Cousins situation, it was the right one.

qiankun likes this.
  3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Maybe this can turn into a WWE skit where Cousins turns on Stephanie and the Donkey along with the cupcake and hit all 3 of them from behind with a chair while Jim Ross goes crazy...

Seriously, this is some major bullsh!t. All we can hope for is that Cousins either does not play this upcoming season (doubtful but he is out til at least January) or he causes major problems chemistry-wise for them. If he is close to 70% they are going to sweep everybody they play. I mean they were playing Kevon Freaking Looney and JaVale Freaking McGee - it is beyond not fair.

Someone said that this is the millenial way and they are damn right. Jordan, Bird, Magic, etc would never take this p***y way out of making up a bullsh!t team to win a championship...smh.

Jayzers_100 and BigShasta like this.
  4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

But we are working on getting Michael Carter-Williams and some cat named Nunnally!

Marteen and BigShasta like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He has no reason to lie though. He knows how this looks.

It makes sense to me like this. No one gave him an offer or an offer he liked so he basically told the league "F yall, I'll show yall." and his plan is clearly just to show the NBA that he can be a good teammate and a winner.

If Woj is saying it, he's saying it, I think it's probably true. He didn't get any offers or teams were lowballing him and he ran to the Warriors to prove a point.

I mean look at all the centers that went before him.

6. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

How do you think fans in sacramento or memphis feel?

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

chicken littles, chicken littles everywhere...

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

they said the same when durant signed, then it took a massive refs intervention to save the worriers asses

vince likes this.
  9. Zergling

Zergling Member

We can only hope that the injury lingers on for the entire season. If that were to happen, Warriors completely wasted their MLE -- a huge break for Houston.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Yep I mean what will they do with only 4 all stars.

11. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

13. francis 4 prez

the problem is the warriors don't even play excellent basketball anymore. these guys somehow clowned around to a 58 win season last year. because they basically just didn't try. they don't care about the regular season and the playoffs are largely a joke. you can tell from some of their comments over the last 2 years they don't even really take it that seriously. we used to love the storylines of athletes giving it everything they have to somehow try to win at all costs. that's the thrill of sports. now the warriors just go around like it's a fun summer league game. i guess it's more fun than losing but i don't see how they're getting anything out of it. they didn't even seem that thrilled with this last win. when you know you've stacked it too much in your favor, you turn up the difficulty on a game. these guys turn it down.

14. francis 4 prez

lebron's in chill mode. he put up the good fight against the warriors, ruled the east for 8 years. now he's just gonna cruise into retirement and put up some milestones along the way and grow his entertainment business. after 15 years, i think he's out.

15. francis 4 prez

not being located where hollywood is located? not getting people to magically sign for a quarter of their market value? we got ariza asking for 15 million and a dumbass team willing to give it to him. warriors over here making offers for the lulz and getting them scooped up.

16. francis 4 prez

that's who i hope we sign. i'm sure he'll turn us down for $5.4M with the kings.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Are we in April yet?

No jokeski, Nowitzki?

I would save him for the Playoffs, you dun want your 5.3 million investment to nurse his injury during the postseason.

18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Cousins and his camp claim that NO OTHER team made him an offer. That's gotta be a lie. I refuse to believe no team in the league offered less than 6mil/year.

Cousins, like KD are snakes and hate competition. Warriors luck just never runs out.

rantsolpuella13 and malakas like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The league is Fugged, Go to the Land of the Damned, Silver!

20. francis 4 prez

insert ron burgundy "i don't believe you" gif

it's a comforting thought, but we know players only care about getting paid. other than that they don't think about the league like fans do. half of them don't care if they are on a competitive team. the other half are arrogant enough to think they're on a competitive team right before they go 44-38. competitive balance and how stacked one team or another is might enter their minds behind like 50 other things.

malakas likes this.