1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Going to Memphis(Need Help)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by nickb492, May 9, 2013.

1. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Thanks man. I really do appreciate it. And Central BBQ is great. I now want to die cause I'm so full. And I only had 1/2 order of ribs. But it was great. The only place that I've been that has better ribs is TJ Ribbs in Baton Rogue. Place is so good I guy shot his friend and himself because he couldn't take how great it was. Or it was a horrible tragedy that should not be joked about. But I'd rather believe the first story.http://www.wbrz.com/news/tj-ribs-reopens-after-murder-suicide/

2. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Are you still there? If you ever stop at Gus's fried chicken, walk over to Gibson's Donuts and get a bacon glaze donut .. (if you're not on a diet)!

3. nickb492

Wat!!!? I was going to go to Gus's tomorrow. Bacon donut sounds awesome. Will try.

4. nickb492

Thanks everybody that gave me advice. Ended up going to Gus's and after all was surprised to see on their cup that they are building one in Austin. Pure joy. The rest of the trip was great but the one thing that stuck out was going into the Fed-Ex Forum. Memphis has an awesome fanbase and going to Game 4 was probably one of the best times watching basketball. The whole atmosphere was so much different then Houston almost as if the Memphis Tiger college tailgating feeling bled into there Grizzlies fans as well. Going into the stadium and seeing so many "We Don't Bluff" t-shirts and "Grind House" posters and decked out gear made me jealous that my city doesn't have that. The other thing was how loud it got. I've been to playoff games and the only time I've ever heard a basketball stadium louder was when the Rockets were trying to go for 23 against Boston. But the part of Memphis never giving up hope and never having to be led to cheer defense or lose composure was a really great thing to see. The other pure joy was chanting "Whoop That Trick" after they won which I had no idea that they did that for basketball. I've seen it chanted during WWE events put having 18,000 chanting "Whoop that Trick" probably was one of the greatest moments watching basketball.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0qCYabLy1ic" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The showmanship of the stadium with music, fireworks, and just impressive flare made me want so bad for Houston to just steal all their ideas and use them at Toyota Center. Even had DJ Paul on their screen playing this song.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zmUc7QCvSLU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love Memphis basketball and still wearing my Rockets hat decided to wear something that showed I was rooting for them. Had their fans totally accepting me and think that next time I go to Memphis will surely make a trip back to the Fed Ex Forum.
    [​IMG]

5. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

6. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Sun Records Studio at 706 Union Ave. Birthplace of the King, The Killer, and the Man in Black.

7. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Tried the Maple Bacon and Red Velvet donuts at Gibson's this morning. Amazing.