1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

'God' apparently responds to lawsuit

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewYorker, Sep 22, 2007.

1. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

I found this absolutely hilarious. I think the guy is brilliant, and I commend him for making a great point. of course, the use of satire is difficult to comprehend by some (francise blade, don't take it personally)....

Back to Story - Help
    'God' apparently responds to lawsuit By NATE JENKINS, Associated Press Writer
    Fri Sep 21, 4:17 PM ET

A legislator who filed a lawsuit against God has gotten something he might not have expected: a response. One of two court filings from "God" came Wednesday under otherworldly circumstances, according to John Friend, clerk of the Douglas County District Court in Omaha.

"This one miraculously appeared on the counter. It just all of a sudden was here — poof!" Friend said.

State Sen. Ernie Chambers of Omaha sued God last week, seeking a permanent injunction against the Almighty for making terroristic threats, inspiring fear and causing "widespread death, destruction and terrorization of millions upon millions of the Earth's inhabitants."

Chambers, a self-proclaimed agnostic who often criticizes Christians, said his filing was triggered by a federal lawsuit he considers frivolous. He said he's trying to makes the point that anybody can sue anybody.

Not so, says "God." His response argues that the defendant is immune from some earthly laws and the court lacks jurisdiction.

It adds that blaming God for human oppression and suffering misses an important point.

"I created man and woman with free will and next to the promise of immortal life, free will is my greatest gift to you," according to the response, as read by Friend.

There was no contact information on the filing, although St. Michael the Archangel is listed as a witness, Friend said.

A second response from "God" disputing Chambers' allegations lists a phone number for a Corpus Christi law office. A message left for that office was not immediately returned Thursday.

Attempts to reach Chambers by phone and at his Capitol office Thursday were unsuccessful.

___

Associated Press Writer Anna Jo Bratton in Omaha contributed to this report.

Copyright © 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

Copyright © 2007 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
    Questions or Comments
    Privacy Policy -Terms of Service - Copyright/IP Policy - Ad Feedback

2. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

all i have to post
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iEWgs6YQR9A"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iEWgs6YQR9A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>